Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't
Old 04-29-2016, 04:50 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Double DIN Camaro and Firebird Bezels on sale now!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 04:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Mark

It looked good to me in the car but under the camera flash you can really see the variation. I may be fine with using it as is because I have a really dark tint job and rarely remove the t-tops, but it would probably be to much for a more well lit interior or vert. I will have to wait for a sunny day to be sure, I have dark overcast skies today. I would also recommend your guy cut back on the texturing as well. It was a little to heavy, but once again it is not as noticable in the car as it is when you compare the bezels. Pics are coming up as to big to upload so I may have to take some lower resolution ones.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fbodyfan
Hey Mark

It looked good to me in the car but under the camera flash you can really see the variation. I may be fine with using it as is because I have a really dark tint job and rarely remove the t-tops, but it would probably be to much for a more well lit interior or vert. I will have to wait for a sunny day to be sure, I have dark overcast skies today. I would also recommend your guy cut back on the texturing as well. It was a little to heavy, but once again it is not as noticable in the car as it is when you compare the bezels. Pics are coming up as to big to upload so I may have to take some lower resolution ones.
Flash does that to my stock bezels though (may be all the armor all though, I am a redneck, lol). I'll pass on the info though, thanks!

Man, I REALLY need to buy a friggin Double DIN head unit already
Old 06-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pentavolvo
Dennis who does the bezels is the same guy doin them for the corvette, i talk with him regularly as he supplys me with the corvette guys and I did his stereo install on his origional corevette bezel. If you have a bezel with issues cal him he will fix it trust me. Expect close to 8 weeks for your bezel, he is a one man operation and thinks have been expanding very fast lately this went from 5 bezels a month to 5-10 a week being ordered as well as working a full time job
I don't know, he's been doing pretty darn good at pumping these out in the 4-6 week time frame... He is very good about taking care of any issues though and as always when people buy anything from me if there's an issue you are taken care of one way or the other
Old 06-05-2009, 05:13 PM
On The Tree

Here are the new lower resolution pics I took.

Mark, I know what you mean about getting the new unit. I was ready to order the pioneer as soon as the bezel got here, but with the rumors on Avic411 about what Pioneer is going to charge for the new map and firmware updates, I may wait for a few more weeks for the new models to come out. I am going to give a few places a call this afternoon and see if they have any arrival dates or pricing info yet.
Attached Thumbnails Double DIN Camaro and Firebird Bezels on sale now!!!-radio-bezel-lower-res-001.jpg   Double DIN Camaro and Firebird Bezels on sale now!!!-radio-bezel-lower-res-005.jpg  
Old 06-05-2009, 05:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fbodyfan
Here are the new lower resolution pics I took.

Mark, I know what you mean about getting the new unit. I was ready to order the pioneer as soon as the bezel got here, but with the rumors on Avic411 about what Pioneer is going to charge for the new map and firmware updates, I may wait for a few more weeks for the new models to come out. I am going to give a few places a call this afternoon and see if they have any arrival dates or pricing info yet.
I see the difference in darkness between the dash and bezel, weird thing is the bezel looks the same color as the top part of the console in that pic though...

Best judge is the side by side bezel shot... What do you think it should be, 1,2, 3, etc... shades lighter?
Old 06-05-2009, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

Mark, I noticed the same thing about the top of the console, once I had the pics up fullsize on the computer. I would say possibly 2 shades lighter, but as I said before I am going to need a really sunny day to look at it. Right now I cannot see any variation in the car even with both windows down. Side by side I would almost say that the texture stands out more than the color. With a smoother texture it would probably look lighter also.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Banned

^^I think the texture is just the nature of the beast (to cover the work done). I mean obviously time can be spent making it totally smooth if he wanted to but I am just referring to being cost/time effective.

I could be wrong though, I really know nothing about body work...
Old 06-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Banned

Every order placed at the time of this post is either shipped or will ship by the end of this week

For anyone else who is interested, feel free to go to my site and order
Old 06-18-2009, 12:41 PM
On The Tree

Hey Mark, I really find it amazing that you got this going because I was basically waiting for someone to step up and get the double din issue for us Camaro guys out of the way. After reading the posts on the topic, I have a few straight forward questions before I purchase one.

1) I have a 2002 Camaro SS, is there a bezel for my color of dash and does it match it up perfectly.

2) The term double din means a standard size but are all double din radios the same size. I wish to install a Pioneer Avic Z3.

3) How do I get the special LS1 tech deal? Can you send me a PayPal invoice for the deal amount at langlais3000@hotmail.com

Thanks Mark,
Phil

P.S: Still working on that 35th LE grille proposal...
Old 06-18-2009, 03:12 PM
Banned

1) I have the same dash (converted my interior to ebony) and I think it is pretty spot on.

2) Sorry, I don't know the answer to that...

3) That original LS1tech price was basically a GP buy in I did. Unless you have 10 other guys ready to order now then the price on the website is the price.

Also, any one who wants one should order NOW. We've been having major problems locating factory pieces thanks to GM's state of affairs and don't know how much longer we can scrounge up new pieces to work with....
Old 06-23-2009, 10:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Is this the only thing needed to intall a double-din on my Trans Am?
Old 06-23-2009, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Is this the only thing needed to intall a double-din on my Trans Am?
your gonna have to make custom brackets... I just made mine out of sheet metal and they work great!
Old 06-23-2009, 09:31 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01CaMMMaro
your gonna have to make custom brackets... I just made mine out of sheet metal and they work great!
How about u make me some and I'll pay u
Old 06-24-2009, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

How about u make me some and I'll pay u
haha believe me, mine are ghetto as they come. I measured how long I needed them to be and cut the metal with snips, then measured the holes, drilled them, and bent it at a 90 degree angle. Mine are really ugly looking but they hold it up strong, didnt need it to look pretty anyways since the bezel covers it. I would post pics of mine but you have a trans-am as I have a camaro so they will be different me thinks.

Good Luck!
Old 06-24-2009, 02:28 AM
10 Second Club

Damn I need some one with a Trans Am to post pics of so I get a better idea
Old 06-24-2009, 03:56 AM
Banned

Damn I need some one with a Trans Am to post pics of so I get a better idea
If you're that concerned over the brackets I can make you a set...
Old 06-24-2009, 12:06 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
If you're that concerned over the brackets I can make you a set...
I'm not a lazy guy or anything but I'm not technically inclined and plus time is not my friend. That would be great to have some ready made. So the bezel and brackets and then I'm set?
Old 07-27-2009, 12:11 PM
On The Tree

Hey Mark, I sent the payment for the double din dash bezel to madelisle@yahoo.com via paypal. I am awaiting your address so I can send you the dash bezel.

Thank you
Old 08-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Banned

I still offer the factory modified, factory looking bezels on my site but have always wanted to offer a less expensive waterjet version as well.

I FINALLY got the time and money to get my waterjet guy to design it. It is 1/4" thick so it will sit flush and it textured ABS (black) so it will blend in well (and you can always rattle can it the color of your interior or also paint the smooth side of the ABS body color or something cool).

It is a cheaper option for those who can't afford the almost $200 modified factory bezel but MUCH higher quality than if you tried to do this with a dremel and thinner plastic.

Here's some pics of the piece, pics in a car coming tomorrow...

They will just mount/dis-mount using provided velcro. I'll list them on my site for $100 but anyone reading this I have 10 I'll sell for $75 and that includes shipping and paypal fees.

Just send $75 to madelisle@yahoo.com and put in the note ABS Double DIN

Thanks and hopefully this will help some people out !
Old 04-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Launching!

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

I'm interested in one of these for my 2002 Z28. Are you still making them? I don't see them for sale on your site.

Quick Reply: Double DIN Camaro and Firebird Bezels on sale now!!!