Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Alarm question...

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 08:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Alarm/hatch release question...

Usually when I park my car and get out, I hit the lock button on the keyless remote, and it honks once, lights blink, security system armed. For whatever reason, every time I've parked it today and I hit the lock button, locks but it honks twice instead of once. 2 quick honks and the lights flash like normal.

Just a simple question.....Why was it always 1 honk and now it's suddenly 2?

EDIT for title change

Last edited by SKZ28; 09-09-2009 at 01:39 AM.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

mine honks twice when i lock it and doesnt honk at all when i unlock it.

but i know when mine honks once when i lock it where it normally honks twice that means there is a door or the hatch is open so i would check to make sure all the doors are shut securly.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, my friend has a '98 Firebird, he said his honks twice too.

I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but today I was messing around with the hatch release and noticed that there was a connecter attached to it that was unplugged, which has apparently always been unplugged. I don't know what it's for, but I plugged it in. Maybe thats why my car always honked once, and now is honking twice.

Not a big deal hopefully, I was just curious. I guess I figured out the issue
Old 09-09-2009, 01:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

I was going to do the "spring mod" to my hatch release, forgetting that my car was a '98 and therefore had a completely different style.....

When I was looking at it, the connector in the picture was unplugged, so I plugged it in before snapping the pic. What does that connector do? I'm assuming it senses if the hatch is open?