Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

February Specials from Kee Audio

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 05:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Ian for the call, I placed the order.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are the equivelant of the CL-61 comp set in performance and quality. They just are not a phase plug design...standard type of center cap with the CDT logo on them. This comp set actually has a little nicer 1" silk tweeters then the CL-61 3/4" tweeter though. It's a $200.00 set of components.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NJgunslinger
Thanks Ian for the call, I placed the order.
Glad I could help you out!!!
Old 02-17-2010, 09:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sent ya a PM. Have a few questions.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:55 AM
On The Tree

Hey Ian, I had a question about the 6.5 subs with the 10-4k hz range you have on you midbase page. Do any of them fit in the sails and if so could I use them as a midbase with the stock amp but run them as subs later on when I upgrade to better amps?
Old 02-18-2010, 03:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
They are the equivelant of the CL-61 comp set in performance and quality. They just are not a phase plug design...standard type of center cap with the CDT logo on them. This comp set actually has a little nicer 1" silk tweeters then the CL-61 3/4" tweeter though. It's a $200.00 set of components.
Ok, I'm interested. But what do you mean by plug phase design?
Old 02-18-2010, 04:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Black_Z28
Ok, I'm interested. But what do you mean by plug phase design?
Phase plug is the bullet shaped center piece in the middle of the midbass. The CL-61 and CL-E61 both use the same design where the cone moves around the fixed center cap/phase plug. The theory is that since it is a fixed center and the cone moves around it that it reduces distortion due to compression under the cone that a regular dust cap can cause in extreme cases and smooths frequency response. This does work.
That being said, CDT uses a slightly different cone anyway that creates a more elliptical shaped sound wave (vs. round) to focus frequencies better. If you notice on most of the CDT products they have a very small dustcap in the center which basically does the same type of thing a phase plug design does.
Some really high end stuff like Hertz don't even have a dust cap or phase plug but have a cone that is kind of V shaped.
It's just different types of speaker designs.
Here's some more info that kind of explains what I mean about CDT speakers:
http://www.cdtaudio.com/less_is_more_08.htm

Last edited by KEE AUDIO; 02-18-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fbodyfan
Hey Ian, I had a question about the 6.5 subs with the 10-4k hz range you have on you midbase page. Do any of them fit in the sails and if so could I use them as a midbase with the stock amp but run them as subs later on when I upgrade to better amps?
The CDT M-6 will fit in the sail panels. The others will as well like the M6+ and ES-06+ BUT they would require a spacer. These are actually extended range subs that will hit all the low frequencies VERY well but can also handle a certain amount of midrange.
They will work with the stock system but don't expect them to sound very good on stock power. They need a good amount of power to be optimal.
Here's the CT ES-06+ in action:
http://media.photobucket.com/video/c...UDIO/es-06.flv
I have no affiliation with that video...just something I found awhile ago.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Phase plug is the bullet shaped center piece in the middle of the midbass. The CL-61 and CL-E61 both use the same design where the cone moves around the fixed center cap/phase plug. The theory is that since it is a fixed center and the cone moves around it that it reduces distortion due to compression under the cone that a regular dust cap can cause in extreme cases and smooths frequency response. This does work.
That being said, CDT uses a slightly different cone anyway that creates a more elliptical shaped sound wave (vs. round) to focus frequencies better. If you notice on most of the CDT products they have a very small dustcap in the center which basically does the same type of thing a phase plug design does.
Got ya. So, one of the main differences in in the CL-61 series is it can serve as a "coaxial" style of speaker, while the 626 can not...correct?

How much shipped to 56304?
Old 02-19-2010, 02:34 AM
On The Tree

Hey Ian, thanks for the info, I love those speakers I bought from you for the doors and will probably upgrade the hatch speakers soon, and leave the sails for last.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Black_Z28
Got ya. So, one of the main differences in in the CL-61 series is it can serve as a "coaxial" style of speaker, while the 626 can not...correct?

How much shipped to 56304?
Correct, the CL-61CV and the CL-E61CV both with the CV designation can convert to a coaxial (with the supplied hardware) for more versatile installation options. There is a standard CL-61 and CL-E61 that are non CV as well but it's still the same drivers.
The 626 is a standard seperate component set....seperate midbass and tweeter.
Shipping costs are included in the listed prices to the lower 48 states...Hawaii, Canada are extra.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:39 PM
Banned

This is ending VERY soon. I ordered several more to have in stock but CDT ended this today. I just got the email so I ordered a few extras to have...take advantage while you can!!
Old 02-24-2010, 05:25 PM
Teching In

Already ordered my special can't wait to get them.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The CDT M-6 will fit in the sail panels. The others will as well like the M6+ and ES-06+ BUT they would require a spacer. These are actually extended range subs that will hit all the low frequencies VERY well but can also handle a certain amount of midrange.
They will work with the stock system but don't expect them to sound very good on stock power. They need a good amount of power to be optimal.
Here's the CT ES-06+ in action:
http://media.photobucket.com/video/c...UDIO/es-06.flv
I have no affiliation with that video...just something I found awhile ago.
He could use the CDT HD-M6 with good results, it's more efficient and he wouldn't need a spacer.