Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

February Specials from Kee Audio

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default February Specials from Kee Audio

Hi guys I have a couple of new offerings I just wanted to announce including a cool new device from Naxa I have been testing now for about 3 weeks and think is very cool.

So you want to have all the cool multimedia features of a new headunit but don't want to swap out your stock unit. I have an option for you!!!!!
Naxa's NX3062 is a wireless FM modulator with 206 FM channels to choose from that will integrate USB input, SD card reader, and an aux. input right into your stock radio without a bunch of wires and complication. It also features a full function remote control!!! I have been using this unit for 3 weeks with a 4gig USB stick and it works flawlessly. Plugs directly into your cigarette lighter or aux power. No static or hiss and clean sound. I found a channel that worked great on the third try. This is a great answer to those who want to integrate iPod, MP3 players, or any other multimedia device into a stock radio without complication.
Check it out here: http://www.keeaudio.com/id131.html

Special CDT deals: Buy the Premium Package F-body already on sale at $349.00 and get a free upgrade to the CL-E6NEO midbass woofers!! These have a carbon fiber cone and NEO magnet...normally $149.00 by themselves.
http://www.keeaudio.com/fbodyspeakers.html

I also still have the CDT Front/Rear deal for $219.00 that gets you a nice set of CDT COM-626 6.5" components (tweeters, midbass, and crossovers) AND CDT ***-622 rear coaxials.
http://www.keeaudio.com/specials.html

A new special from Kee Audio: Buy the CDT CL-E61CV 6.5" component set at it's regular price of $229.00 and get a free set of rear CL-E6NEO midbass woofers...only through February!!!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have a product page/specs for the CDT CL-4EX? I only saw a page for the CL-4X...is there a difference? Thanks.

*edit* Does the f-body package come with the extra wire connectors or just the speaker ones?

Last edited by dhowdy; 02-09-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wondering, but what are the differences between the CL-6 and the CL-E6NEO midbass woofers?
Old 02-09-2010, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
A new special from Kee Audio: Buy the CDT CL-E61CV 6.5" component set at it's regular price of $229.00 and get a free set of rear CL-E6NEO midbass woofers...only through February!!!!!
Oh man, just when I thought I was ready to order the basic Monsoon replacement you offer this one. How would this package plus the stock Monsoon hatch speakers compare to the complete basic replacement package with Bazookas? There is a chance for future upgrades like a head unit, amp, and sub, but it is VERY slim at this time.

I'll probably order a Naxa with it too, I have some extra USB sticks around and hate carrying CDs.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dhowdy
Do you have a product page/specs for the CDT CL-4EX? I only saw a page for the CL-4X...is there a difference? Thanks.

*edit* Does the f-body package come with the extra wire connectors or just the speaker ones?
Hi, I have the wrong model number on there and haven't had a chance to change it...it is the CL-4EX coaxial.
Packages just have the speakers....generally I recommend reusing the stock connectors off the old speakers and either using crimp connectors or solder to attach them to the new speakers in the package. This way you can plug back into the stock harness.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Black02SLPSS
Just wondering, but what are the differences between the CL-6 and the CL-E6NEO midbass woofers?
The CL-6 midwoofer has a carbon treated paper cone...does great...and a regular type magnet. The CL-E6NEO has a carbon fiber cone and a NEO magnet that is much smaller but just as powerful as a standard type of magnet. Generally NEO speakers are used in slim mount applications where extra space is needed behind the speaker. Performance is the same if not slightly better with the CL-E6NEO plus you get the nice carbon fiber cone. These are usually more expensive then the standard CL-6 but I got a great deal from CDT on them so I am passing on the deal for you guys!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 01:01 PM
Teching In

I got a question which package would you recomend for me, I already got an aftermarket head unit and im about to add an amp and subwoofer to my system so would it be better to get the package with the mid bass for the rear or the one with the coaxials

thanks in advance
Old 02-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LS1 Sounds
Oh man, just when I thought I was ready to order the basic Monsoon replacement you offer this one. How would this package plus the stock Monsoon hatch speakers compare to the complete basic replacement package with Bazookas? There is a chance for future upgrades like a head unit, amp, and sub, but it is VERY slim at this time.

I'll probably order a Naxa with it too, I have some extra USB sticks around and hate carrying CDs.
This with the stock Monsoon hatch speakers would be fine...in fact over time I just unhooked the rear hatch all together which is how I run my current system.
Even an amp upgrade with these speakers will work very well as they handle more power then the standard package does.
I love using the USB input as I have a ton of music on my computer and I can put a bunch of music on one stick and change it the next day if I want. I put whole albums on there and still have a ton of room. Of course all my MP3 files are in VBR or 320bit so sound quality is quite good.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

This with the stock Monsoon hatch speakers would be fine...in fact over time I just unhooked the rear hatch all together which is how I run my current system.
Even an amp upgrade with these speakers will work very well as they handle more power then the standard package does.
I love using the USB input as I have a ton of music on my computer and I can put a bunch of music on one stick and change it the next day if I want. I put whole albums on there and still have a ton of room. Of course all my MP3 files are in VBR or 320bit so sound quality is quite good.
OK, I'm sold and will be ordering this kit along with a Naxa. My income tax refund will be here any day.

I'm not sure what program you are using with your media, but I highly recommend Media Monkey especially if you like to sync a random set of songs to your devices like me. It supports just about every file type out there, syncs to a wide variety of devices including storage cards, USB sticks, and iPod/iPhones, manages huge libraries GREAT, and can auto-organize all of your files to any structure very easily. The big thing for me is that it can auto-convert any supported file type to another on-the-fly while performing sync operations. For example, I have my CD library archived mostly to 320 kbps MP3 and FLAC lossless but the files are pretty big. I tell MM what I want sync'd to my device, and it will convert to any bitrate MP3 (or other format) I want and send them over. You can also check a box and MM will automatically select a random set of songs (or favorites) and sync them to fill your device's capacity. It makes everything VERY easy!
Old 02-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by eaglepassbird
I got a question which package would you recomend for me, I already got an aftermarket head unit and im about to add an amp and subwoofer to my system so would it be better to get the package with the mid bass for the rear or the one with the coaxials

thanks in advance
Will the amp be powering everything or just the sub? It really all depends on what you like. The coaxial rears add a little more high end to the sound and the midbass rears add a little more thump...depending on how you set it up.
The rear coaxials add more of surround type feel and the midbass rears add more of a kick drum type feel. Ran off an amp either would do nicely.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LS1 Sounds
OK, I'm sold and will be ordering this kit along with a Naxa. My income tax refund will be here any day.

I'm not sure what program you are using with your media, but I highly recommend Media Monkey especially if you like to sync a random set of songs to your devices like me. It supports just about every file type out there, syncs to a wide variety of devices including storage cards, USB sticks, and iPod/iPhones, manages huge libraries GREAT, and can auto-organize all of your files to any structure very easily. The big thing for me is that it can auto-convert any supported file type to another on-the-fly while performing sync operations. For example, I have my CD library archived mostly to 320 kbps MP3 and FLAC lossless but the files are pretty big. I tell MM what I want sync'd to my device, and it will convert to any bitrate MP3 (or other format) I want and send them over. You can also check a box and MM will automatically select a random set of songs (or favorites) and sync them to fill your device's capacity. It makes everything VERY easy!
That is some cool software. I will be checking that out more thoroughly and will have a friend of mine check it out as well. He has a ton of music from all genres and gets alot of FLAC files as well and converts them using another program where he can adjust gain and other parameters to his personal liking. I'm sure he'd be interested in MM.
THANKS!!
Old 02-10-2010, 09:13 PM
Staging Lane

Ian
Are the CL-6 and the CL-E6NEO midbass woofers DVC (4 wires) like the Bazookas & the Audiodrift?

Are the CL-6 and the CL-E6NEO midbass woofers a better option than the Bazookas or Audiodrift in my Monsoon HU? Are they too much quality for this OEM audio system? So as I will unable to listen the difference.

I'm not decide which package to buy, since the free upgrade in the Premium package you are offering...is not easy to let passing by.

Thanks for your reply.

dochidalgo
Old 02-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Banned

The CDT stuff is all SVC 4ohm with about a 90db sensitivity rating or better. Total loss by using a SVC over a DVC with the stock system is about -2db. Noticeable at low volume but not so much at middle to high volume. That being said they are also better quality as they are audiophile grade speakers with more range.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

My tax return showed up today, Ian you are about to get a PM!
Old 02-12-2010, 10:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I placed an order with Ian last weekend for the premium package and he upgraded me before starting this deal. Thanks a bunch Ian! I'll get some pics up as i fatmat the entire interior of the trans am and install the speakers. I have a feeling i'm gonna be upgrading the HU via Ian as I'm tired of burning cd's all the time.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Any sort of deal on just the component speakers? I already ordered sail speakers last spring. At this point I'm trying to decide which front CDT speakers I should get. I don't plan on ever adding an amp or a sub to the car. I'm in no rush to order, since my car is in storage, and I'll be away from my house for another 3 months for work. But I thought I would ask, if you have a deal, then I'll order a set up.

Thanks.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Launching!

Ian, what is the best way to reach you? I have left a voice make, email and PM on here. I want to purchase one of your packages, would like to speak to you, Please reply back to me.

Thank you,

Sam
Old 02-17-2010, 05:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Black_Z28
Any sort of deal on just the component speakers? I already ordered sail speakers last spring. At this point I'm trying to decide which front CDT speakers I should get. I don't plan on ever adding an amp or a sub to the car. I'm in no rush to order, since my car is in storage, and I'll be away from my house for another 3 months for work. But I thought I would ask, if you have a deal, then I'll order a set up.

Thanks.
How about a set of the CDT COM-626 components for $109.00.... They normally aren't available without the rears but I'll split a package up because I am going to use the rear coaxials in my DD.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NJgunslinger
Ian, what is the best way to reach you? I have left a voice make, email and PM on here. I want to purchase one of your packages, would like to speak to you, Please reply back to me.

Thank you,

Sam
Calling you right now Sam!!
Old 02-17-2010, 05:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How about a set of the CDT COM-626 components for $109.00.... They normally aren't available without the rears but I'll split a package up because I am going to use the rear coaxials in my DD.
Any details on the speakers? Are they much different from the CL-61s? I'm willing to spend the extra cash for the better suited speaker.