Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

How to permanently repair your window motors (With Pics!)

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 05:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great write up! Very detailed.
Old 11-08-2014, 11:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Many thanks!

The thread that keeps on giving! THANK YOU! Just finished both doors. Incredible! Like new again.

I also agree when putting the brushes and springs back on, pull the rotor out completely / position into the black housing / then slide the casing down onto the assembly - MUCH easier - by pulling it out you can also easily wipe & clean the build-up off the copper commutator.

I also used smaller gauge copper speaker wire as that's what I had on hand, any wire should do but try to find your fattest piece.
Old 11-09-2014, 07:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 2001SSVert
The thread that keeps on giving! THANK YOU! Just finished both doors. Incredible! Like new again.

I also agree when putting the brushes and springs back on, pull the rotor out completely / position into the black housing / then slide the casing down onto the assembly - MUCH easier - by pulling it out you can also easily wipe & clean the build-up off the copper commutator.

I also used smaller gauge copper speaker wire as that's what I had on hand, any wire should do but try to find your fattest piece.
Good mod but I think while the motors were out I would just spend a few bucks and buy replacement motors and then do this mod and install....IMHO.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:16 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157
Good mod but I think while the motors were out I would just spend a few bucks and buy replacement motors and then do this mod and install....IMHO.
This is my plan after seeing this mod.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157
just bought 2 new motors since my driver side pretty much wont move. going to give this a try.
Old 09-18-2016, 01:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

Ironic, I was the last post a year ago. I just went ahead and swapped in a dorman motor but didn't bother trying to bypass. It's now stuck in the down position.

Quick Reply: How to permanently repair your window motors (With Pics!)