Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

New CDT Subwoofer and New May Package

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New CDT Subwoofer and New May Package

Hi Guys!
CDT has got the new subwoofer out that replaced the EF-100 and a new package they put together that is a VERY good deal. The value of this system purchsed seperately would be about $1200.00. You get a $1000.00 system for $599.99 and get the new CDT HD-1000CF subwoofer!!!!!

HD-62 Special Package Deal Includes:
1 set HD-62: 6.5” component system (tweeters, midbass, and Upstage crossovers)
1 pair WS-100i: Upstage image tweeter (enhances the front stage dramatically)
1 pair HD-65NX: 6.5” NEO magnet coax rear speakers
1 HD-1000CF: Brand NEW 2010 Model 10” 500watt RMS, Carbon Fiber subwoofer

http://www.keeaudio.com/specials.html

CDT HD-1000CF 10" Subwoofer W/ Coated Stealth Enclosure
Limited time offer on the new CDT HD-1000CF cast frame, carbon fiber subwoofer: Buy the new sub and I load it in one of my coated stealth boxes wired up, ready to rock for $299.00 shipped to the lower 48 states.

Last edited by KEE AUDIO; 06-07-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Banned

The system above will be going into my newest project. I just purchased a 1992 GMC Typhoon so it will be getting a system overhaul as it is bone stock right now as far as the audio goes. As soon as I have a small amount of time I will be doing that install and will take some pics. It won't be anytime soon though as I have been severely pressed for time lately.
The install will have to have custom kick panels for the HD-62 set and customized rear panels for the 6x9" area that will be receiving the HD-65NX's. It will also need a custom amp rack and enclosure for the rear. I am debating about which source unit to use but am leaning toward the new JVC KW-NT3HDT. Amplification will be either 2 new CDT products or the 2ft. long, 2500watt Clif Designs CD80.5 I have already. Should sound pretty incredible when completed.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bit off topic, but what all will you have with you at G14? if i remember correctly, you usually have some stuff with you at the show.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

That some great deals you got going on. Does this deal last all of May. Also good luck on the Typhoon.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:14 PM
Banned

Deal will last all of May and hopefully a little beyond that but I did receive an email from CDT saying that they are going fast and response has been very well received.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 02ws6NBM
bit off topic, but what all will you have with you at G14? if i remember correctly, you usually have some stuff with you at the show.
I will be at G14 this year but I won't be sponsoring unfortunately. I just don't have the free time I did the last couple of years. As of now though, no Bazooka subs are available but who knows what can happen between now and then (fingers are crossed). I'm actually pretty upset with SAS Bazooka right now and have almost written them off.
Anything else you want I have so if you had something in mind let me know and I can bring it with me and meet up with you. I am local to the show so bringing something with me is no problem.
That goes for anyone who wanted gear, if I know what it is ahead of time, I can bring it to the show with me and would like to meet some more people!!
Hopefully I can have my Typhoon done in time for the show although it isn't looking like I will be able to pull it off.
I will be donating a system to Andy for the give away though like I do every year. Not sure what it will be yet but it will be nice.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:24 PM
On The Tree

PM Sent
Old 05-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by STK85
PM Sent
PM replied to. Added a pic of all you get in the system along with the new carbon fiber sub.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have a set of the HD-62s with the Satnet 560i crossovers, DRT26 tweeters, and the TW19 tweeters that came with my CL61s for the imaging tweeters, along with the CL6s from the CL61 set in my sail panels, and they sound AMAZING. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have ever got the CDT's, and I'm glad I did. Sorry I didn't get them from you, but I found them right before I was gonna order your premium package, and ended up paying next to nothing for them. That price is ridiculously low, and I didn't already have them, I'd be ordering them right now. One question though, why the coaxials? I'd much rather a midbass in the sail or even a component.

Edit: Oh, Kee, I'll also be looking to upgrade my system pretty soon. I'm thinking of going with something other than the TW19s for the imaging tweeters, and also wanting to upgrade the CL6s. My little RF 400.4 is a little to powerful for them. And to think, I was gonna go with the 800.4. lol What would you suggest?
Old 05-13-2010, 08:50 PM
Banned

That's the package deal they put out there. If it were me I would have used the midbass for rear fill because to me it still fills but draws the ear to the rear less so it doesn't take away from the front stage. Either way they still are quite amazing speakers. These are brand new models they just came back out with. Slight redesign for 2010 with the exception of the new sub which has a completely new motor structure which has doubled the output of the sub.
For something more in the sails I'd start considering the M-6. I can get you a nice deal on those. With a spacer you could do the M-6+ but they oean a bit more toward subwoofer then midbass. The M-6 is a little more versatile.
For a tweeter upgrade consider the WS-100i. Those are the new ones being used in alot of the Upstage system. I can get you a deal on those also but have to check on availability.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:02 PM
Banned

Stealth box deal ended....sorry guys!

Last edited by KEE AUDIO; 06-07-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
That's the package deal they put out there. If it were me I would have used the midbass for rear fill because to me it still fills but draws the ear to the rear less so it doesn't take away from the front stage. Either way they still are quite amazing speakers. These are brand new models they just came back out with. Slight redesign for 2010 with the exception of the new sub which has a completely new motor structure which has doubled the output of the sub.
For something more in the sails I'd start considering the M-6. I can get you a nice deal on those. With a spacer you could do the M-6+ but they oean a bit more toward subwoofer then midbass. The M-6 is a little more versatile.
For a tweeter upgrade consider the WS-100i. Those are the new ones being used in alot of the Upstage system. I can get you a deal on those also but have to check on availability.
Good to know! What would be the best for the sails? I have a ported single 12" Probox with a Fi BTL in it, so I have PLENTY of bass. I was considering getting the Q-Logics kickpanels and putting another set of HDs n them. Any experience with em?
Old 05-14-2010, 01:11 PM
Banned

The Q-Logic do work but they need to have deadener put in them for best results. I prefer to make kick panels myself with fiberglass and mdf rings but the Q-Logic panels work ok.
That 12" definetely should give you enough bass (and then some). Mids and highs should be your main focus. Another set of HD-62's with the tweeter upgrade for the Upstage would be nice. The HD-62 has the HD-6 drivers and they have good midbass drive but lean more toward the midrange frequencies. The step up from that is the HD M-6 but it tends to lean more toward the bass frequencies but still delivers good midrange.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

So for the best setup, I was thinking:

Upgrade the RF 400.4 to a 800.4
Upgrade the RF 550S with a 1501BD (maybe two)
Adding the kickpanel speakers with HD62s (probably make them myself, but thats alot of work) with the DRT26s in the A-pillars and braxial mounts in the doors
Upgrade the Imaging tweeters with the WS100-i and put them in tweeter pods in the doors and another set in the Firebird Door panels
Upgrade the CL6s with HD6s

That should be pretty good, right?
I'll be ordering some of that from ya in the next month or two if you think that'll be the best way to go.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:09 PM
Banned

I think that should be more then enough and sound pretty insane. The new tweeters are really nice and the HD-6 is alot more capable then the CL-6. They redesigned the HD-6 this year a little as well so it will sound even better.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
I think that should be more then enough and sound pretty insane. The new tweeters are really nice and the HD-6 is alot more capable then the CL-6. They redesigned the HD-6 this year a little as well so it will sound even better.
Good to know.

Last question, I swear. lol I was thinking of changing out the Pioneer DEH-P7000BT with a double din carputer from Bybyte. Will that kill my SQ? I'm guessing I would need some kind of audio card/processor to rectify my SQ, right?
Old 05-14-2010, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

How good are these speakers? Ive never heard of them and i need to repalce my entire sound system in my car. I was thinking of going to infinity or alpine. Id love to get the package of these especaiily with the sub bos but dont wanna get a system im not happy with
Old 05-14-2010, 07:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jameswoodlee
How good are these speakers? Ive never heard of them and i need to repalce my entire sound system in my car. I was thinking of going to infinity or alpine. Id love to get the package of these especaiily with the sub bos but dont wanna get a system im not happy with
How good are these? They blow Alpine and Infinity speakers out of the water. They make a Alpine sound like **** in comparison, and their only real competition is speakers like Focal and Rainbow.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:57 PM
On The Tree

Ice heard of focal and from what Ive seen they are real expensive. Are you running these in your car??
thanks
Old 05-15-2010, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jameswoodlee
Ice heard of focal and from what Ive seen they are real expensive. Are you running these in your car??
thanks
First off, spell check is your friend.
Second, if you only read a couple post above, you'll get the answer to your question.

Quick Reply: New CDT Subwoofer and New May Package