Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Stereo Noise Pop with Turn Signals and Brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Stereo Noise Pop with Turn Signals and Brakes?

Guys,

Quick question for ya? I recently upgraded my HU to the Kenwood KC-X994 and finally got to take her out this weekend. The unit works excellent, but I have a slight poping noise that coincides with the turn signals or brakes with they are on or with the brakes when stopping. Didn't notice this before (after I installed the until) as you don't use the brakes or turns until you drive. I don't have any engine whine just this annoying poping. Could this be a ground loop issue? Let me know what you think and thanks.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:05 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check all your connections man thast the best i can say. its odd thou
Old 06-06-2010, 11:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what he said sounds like a bad ground
Old 06-07-2010, 06:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

With 3 RCA connections in the back (Front, Rear and Sub) it's a very tight fit into the dash and is putting a lot of strain on the connections. I don't think the RCA's are seated good as they are binding against the air box behind the radio. I have some 90 deg RCA elbows coming in that I am going to give a shot this week to see if I can get a better connection without the strain on the cables. BTW - Checked all the grounds and they look good, did get most of the pop to go away by adjusting my amp gain as this amp puts out wayyyy more power then my old Panasonic.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Still, having this issue guys, any more ideas? I have adjusted the gain and it seems I only have it now with the brakes? I can get it to go away if one of the channels is removed (pull one set of RCA's from the amp - front or rear), but if both RCA's are plugged in then I get a slight pop or click when the brake pedal is pressed. I currently have my amp mounted vertically where the spare tire was and have a 2GA ground wire with an eyelet bolted to the rear seat mount for my ground. My ground wire is approx 2 - 2.5 feet long and I can shorten it about maybe 6-8 inches. Would this be my issue and if not is there a better place for a ground in this area?
Old 06-15-2010, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Any suggestions on the grounding?