Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Whats a decent DVD player and pricing? For 2003 Yukon

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Whats a decent DVD player and pricing? For 2003 Yukon

I am looking for a nice DVD player without having to spend a lot, if that’s possible
This is for a 2003 Yukon and I only want 1 monitor for the back so my son can watch something on long trips. About how much for one and how much for a install?

Thanks

edit:
testing a picture

Last edited by WICKED SS; 03-23-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Old 01-30-2004, 06:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you want the actual headunit to have a flipout LCD?
Old 01-30-2004, 08:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Well if your looking for something not too expensive I would get a Audiovox unit. They are fairly good quality not the best but they have a very wide selection. I would recommend this one or a similar one Audiovox Monitor. Its got a built in DVD player and if you add a external antenna it has a TV tuner as well. Comes with 2 wireless headphones. A RF modulator so you can play the sound through the car speakers. AV inputs so you can plug in a VCR or video game system. And a remote control. As far as install goes it depends if your car has a sunroof or not. If it doesnt have a sunroof you can recess the monitor into the head liner to give it a real flush and clean look. If it does have a sun roof you will have to use the supplied trim piece which will need to be trimmed down and paint matched. The are fairly simple to do for a compentent installer. At the shop I worked at we would do about 4 or 5 of these a week in suvs. My installer got so good with GM SUV's he could be done with one in an hour. I would suggest you look into the shops in your area and talk with their installers. DO NOT GO TO BEST BUY OR CIRCUIT CITY. Those places are loaded with hack installers. Now not all small shops have great installers but you will usually find better installers at them. I work for Tweeter we are not a huge company but we are fairly big with about 200 stores. The majority of our installers are very good but we have a few who I wouldnt let touch my car. So go find a place and talk to the installer to see if your comfortable with him. As far as price goes it can vary from one shop to the next. I would quote you $200 without a sunroof and $250 with one to installer the DVD player and RF modulator.
Old 01-30-2004, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

my yukon does not have a sunroof

that audiovox seems pretty good!
how much is it I couldnt find a price?

any other ones just a little more money but better?

also is there a online store I could order one throught at a good price?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Whats a decent DVD player and pricing? For 2003 Yukon-pic01.jpg  

Last edited by WICKED SS; 06-26-2004 at 02:00 PM.
Old 01-30-2004, 09:59 PM
TECH Veteran

I dont know of any places that you can order them online but then again with me working in the industry when it comes to car audio stuff I get it cheaper than you can online.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

so you can sell me one through your company?
Old 01-30-2004, 11:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Is the Bay area as in San Fransisco? I dont know California too well. We have stores around San Diego im not sure if I can get that shipped or even a price I will have to check on it when im in my office on monday.