Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help tuning Alpine Amp/HU for best output...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 08:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help tuning Alpine Amp/HU for best output...

I have an Alpine Type R 10" sub in an MTX Thunderform box on a Alpine 500w mono amp, and an Alpine CDA-9886 head unit. I used to have the sub/amp hooked up to my old 97 car, and it's been over a year and a half and I decided I had to put my sub in my 01, I just needed a new wiring kit. It used to be on a CDA-9884 head unit.

I wired everything up today, and it sounds great with basic settings. I'm wanting to know what is going to produce the overall best, loudest, cleaning, safest sound in reference to what adjustments can be made on the amp and head unit.

The amp has it's typical Gain/Bass Eq/Lp Filter. The head unit has its basic SW Level/Bass/Trebel/High Pass Filter and I just learned today about some hidden features including Bass Center Frequency/Bass Bandwidth and Trebel Center Frequency/Trebel Bandwidth..

Is anyone very familiar with these settings and can recommend the best settings to go with? Thanks
Old 01-20-2011, 01:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i used to build custom stereos and i usually play it by ear dont go too gain crazy because them u will end up just clipping the subwoofer. the easiest way to adjust bass is to turn ur stereo to the max volume that you feel comfortable listening to and then u adjust the gain up until the sub really dosnt get louder thats the easiest way to explain it lol. pm me if u have any questions.

Quick Reply: Help tuning Alpine Amp/HU for best output...