Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Alpine 9815 w/ PAC SWI-X

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004 | 01:42 AM
Teching In

Default Alpine 9815 w/ PAC SWI-X

ok, before you flame me, yes i have used the search and found the info i needed. my question is, has anyone used the PAC SWI-X with any Alpine HU. i know the Alpine remote is universal so if you've had success with this let me know before i proceed with spending 60-70 bucks on it.
Old 02-14-2004 | 12:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Ive done a ton of Alpine head units with SWIX kits. Just as easy as any headunit out there. Hardest one we had to do was a CDA7998 which is the motorized alpine. Also you dont have to put the hole for the IR eye in the center console as some hack shops do. You can put it above the headunit. You just have to test fit it.
Old 02-14-2004 | 07:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by maddboost
Ive done a ton of Alpine head units with SWIX kits. Just as easy as any headunit out there. Hardest one we had to do was a CDA7998 which is the motorized alpine. Also you dont have to put the hole for the IR eye in the center console as some hack shops do. You can put it above the headunit. You just have to test fit it.

thanx for the info
Old 02-14-2004 | 09:38 PM
On The Tree

Just finished mine works awsome, also added another led to the PAC for a Sirius Sat system in the glove box REALLY easy to do.....