Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

New CDT 6.5" Subs!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 04:17 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New CDT 6.5" Subs!!!

I have some new products from CDT's lab has just come up with for me. These will be replacing the CL-6 in the premium package and in the Camaro package. I also have a DVC version of these in the works from CDT that I am very excited about as these will be a high end version DVC 6.5" sub for the Firebird versions of the Monsoon. So you Firebird owners will now have a high end DVC 6.5" sub. The CL-6MSUB is a subwoofer version of the CL-6 and the HD-6MSUB is a cast frame subwoofer version of the higher end HD-6.
CDT's owner described these to me: "These HD-6MSUB and CL-6MSUB sub versions goes real low with nice warm deep bass response." We had a nice long discussion on what I was looking for in terms of performance and he came up with these and will have the DVC versions shortly. All of these will fit in the stock location without spacers as well.
Here are the pics of the new SVC version, the CL-6MSUB and the HD-6MSUB.

I will be doing an introductory price of $139.99 per pair for the CL-6MSUB and $189.99 per pair for the HD-6MSUB.

Here's a link to the site with these:
http://www.keeaudio.com/cdtaudiosubwoofers.html

Please email me with any questions at: keeaudio@bellsouth.net
I will have more info on these midweek as far as specifications go.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

How much better would you say these speakers are over Bazookas?
Old 03-13-2011, 07:59 PM
Banned

I'm gonna say they are going to be a much better quality product. The Bazookas have been absolutely bullet proof over the years and have been a top performer for a stock system. I will continue to carry them because of this and they will still be in the Firebird version of the standard package.
The CDT's will be even better considering the quality of the materials, contour of the cone, and the attention that CDT gives everything they make. I am working very closely with them to get the right sound from them. I have these coming in this week and will be putting a set through it's paces but am completely confident that they will exceed my expectations as have most CDT products though the last 5 years.
The cool thing is that these are based on 2 really good performing speakers that CDT has had for years. This is why I requested that we be able to base both on those drivers. The HD-6 woofer has been around for over 10 years and has been an award winning driver already so using this as a base is a solid format for a 6.5" sub. The CL-6 driver is a solid performer as well so it was also a solid base to build from. I really can't wait to get these in and of course the new DVC version will be going in a number of installs as well.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:13 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How much better are these than what I just bought?
Old 03-14-2011, 09:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
How much better are these than what I just bought?
Honestly, I haven't heard them yet. Only CDT has. I have some coming in this week on Friday from California. I will let you know what I think of them when I get them in. I may even make a little video of them on aftermarket power from my sub amp and see what they sound like.
The CL-6 still hits well but is a mid bass that will go as low as 50Hz, which is pretty low for a mid bass. This is why they work well in that application. With the new subwoofer version, they will have the ability to hit lower then 50Hz.
Basically if you like the way the CL-6 sounds...which I did...this new version will have the ability to hit lower for more low end bass.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks great. Only problem is I own a convertible. Now if you could come up with something for that you could definately corner the market. Please
Old 03-17-2011, 08:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
Honestly, I haven't heard them yet. Only CDT has. I have some coming in this week on Friday from California. I will let you know what I think of them when I get them in. I may even make a little video of them on aftermarket power from my sub amp and see what they sound like.
The CL-6 still hits well but is a mid bass that will go as low as 50Hz, which is pretty low for a mid bass. This is why they work well in that application. With the new subwoofer version, they will have the ability to hit lower then 50Hz.
Basically if you like the way the CL-6 sounds...which I did...this new version will have the ability to hit lower for more low end bass.
How well would these (or CL-6) work running off an Infinity REF7541A amp (111 watts RMS x 4 channel at 4 ohms) with CL-62 CF components in the front work?

I don't have the amp installed yet and I'm pretty happy with what I have now, but would like to be able to get a little more bass than the stock sails without buying a sub, enclosure, and another amp.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TONY206
How well would these (or CL-6) work running off an Infinity REF7541A amp (111 watts RMS x 4 channel at 4 ohms) with CL-62 CF components in the front work?

I don't have the amp installed yet and I'm pretty happy with what I have now, but would like to be able to get a little more bass than the stock sails without buying a sub, enclosure, and another amp.
With a setup like that you'd be in pretty good shape. The aftermarket amp running a set of front components of that caliber would have a good amount of bass already when using the crossovers and the amp set at full range. You could then use the rear channel as a bass channel using the CL-6MSUB. It would sound good and offer great bass response. I would recommend deadener for the sail though to help things out. A simple speaker kit will make a big difference there.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Subscribed. I wonder if these will bolt right into the sail panel area without any modification. I am thinking about removing the coaxials I have in the sails right now and putting some 6.5 subwoofers in there. I also wonder how these would work when hooked up to a JL Audio 300/4 amp.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:12 PM
Banned

They will work great in there. The current subs bolt in very easily so these will do the same. The difference will be DVC instead of SVC, other then that they will be the same. The CL-6 ha always been an oversized 6.5" anyway so it fits very well in the sails.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:27 PM
TECH Addict

subscribed, i might replace my CDT's that came in my premium package for these DVC's!
Any chance we can get a small discount if we already bought the premium package in the past, and just want to upgrade our CDT SVC sail panel speakers to DVC?
Old 04-03-2011, 09:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TransWS6Am
subscribed, i might replace my CDT's that came in my premium package for these DVC's!
Any chance we can get a small discount if we already bought the premium package in the past, and just want to upgrade our CDT SVC sail panel speakers to DVC?
I will figure something out when they come in for you guys!
Old 04-03-2011, 09:38 PM
TECH Addict

I will figure something out when they come in for you guys!
awesome! thank you!
Old 04-11-2011, 05:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

They will work great in there. The current subs bolt in very easily so these will do the same. The difference will be DVC instead of SVC, other then that they will be the same. The CL-6 ha always been an oversized 6.5" anyway so it fits very well in the sails.
Does the difference (between SVC and DVC) change how they are wired up? I'm thinking of having the rear channels on my amp running the two subs. My amp is able to run two subs on the rear channels (I can select what frequencies go to what channels). Or can I just wire them like any regular speaker?
Old 04-11-2011, 09:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Darth Cypher
Does the difference (between SVC and DVC) change how they are wired up? I'm thinking of having the rear channels on my amp running the two subs. My amp is able to run two subs on the rear channels (I can select what frequencies go to what channels). Or can I just wire them like any regular speaker?

Yes it does make a difference. You can run these at 4ohm in SVC or with the new DVC version you will be able to run them at a 2ohm load. These have excellent sensitivity though for a sub. Even at 4ohm though they will hit well and provide smooth low end bass. It really depends on whether the amp is rated to handle 2 different loads front to rear.
So yes you would wire them like any other speaker as far as pos and neg go. Just tune the frequency down a bit.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:56 AM
Launching!

Have you tried these out yet? Look like a nice product.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:50 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by axeman
That looks great. Only problem is I own a convertible. Now if you could come up with something for that you could definately corner the market. Please
why wouldnt they fit in a convertible,
i have aftermarket speakers in mine
the rear i did a hose mod, to make the depth ok
I am thinking about upgrading to these for the rear
and running the tweeter pods on the back of the door mirrors.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yes it does make a difference. You can run these at 4ohm in SVC or with the new DVC version you will be able to run them at a 2ohm load. These have excellent sensitivity though for a sub. Even at 4ohm though they will hit well and provide smooth low end bass. It really depends on whether the amp is rated to handle 2 different loads front to rear.
So yes you would wire them like any other speaker as far as pos and neg go. Just tune the frequency down a bit.
The amp can handle loads from 1-4 ohm (adjusts itself). This is according to the manual. Just wanted to make sure I can just remove my sail speakers, plug these in, set the rear channels to transmit low frequencies, and be good to go.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Darth Cypher
The amp can handle loads from 1-4 ohm (adjusts itself). This is according to the manual. Just wanted to make sure I can just remove my sail speakers, plug these in, set the rear channels to transmit low frequencies, and be good to go.
Absolutely!
Old 04-19-2011, 10:11 AM
Teching In

when do you expect to have the dvc subs in by any chance? I wouldnt mind picking up a pair over the svc set simply because the stockers are dvc so it would be easier for me to swap those in. not too sure how i would wire the dvc connector to a svc mid/sub...lol

also. i noticed you make a Drivers side MDF enclosure for 10" subwoofer , but do you make one for the passenger side as well?? you have pics in your gallery of them but no listing on your website.

Quick Reply: New CDT 6.5" Subs!!!