Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Does anyone have the HELM INC manual for a '99 Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 05:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone have the HELM INC manual for a '99 Camaro?

I'm trying to fix what I believe to be a short circuit on my '99 Camaro and would need the wiring diagram for the headlights of a European model (it's different from the US models). From what I've heard, wiring for the Euro-specs models can be found in the HELM INC shop manual. If anyone has that manual and could scan me the page from this manual, or take a sharp photo of it, that would help tremendously.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 345 Likes on 316 Posts

Europe or Scandanavia? Do you have daytime running lamps? (There are different flavors.)
Old 05-05-2011, 10:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by wssix99
Europe or Scandanavia? Do you have daytime running lamps? (There are different flavors.)
Europe. I don't have daytime running lamps. I can drive with the park lights on if I switch them on, but I don't have any bulbs that come on automatically when the car is moving forward.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 345 Likes on 316 Posts

I was going to PM you with some diagrams, but... my scanner's bulb just burned out and... the repair parts are no longer sold for it. I'm waiting for a new CCFL bulb for the scanner, which I'll solder in early next week. What a pain in the %*^!

Do you think that you'll purchase the factory service manuals for the complete set? They are great tools and have all of the car's wiring diagrams, splice descriptions, and major connection descriptions. (I recall that the only electrical that is specific to the country of origin is just the exterior lights, though.)
Old 05-08-2011, 07:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

I was going to PM you with some diagrams, but... my scanner's bulb just burned out and... the repair parts are no longer sold for it. I'm waiting for a new CCFL bulb for the scanner, which I'll solder in early next week. What a pain in the %*^!
Man, diagrams would really help for sure (once you get that burnt scanner bulb replaced), thanks!

Do you think that you'll purchase the factory service manuals for the complete set? They are great tools and have all of the car's wiring diagrams, splice descriptions, and major connection descriptions. (I recall that the only electrical that is specific to the country of origin is just the exterior lights, though.)
Depends on the price of the set and the cost of postage, but yes I'm going to look for one on ebay.