Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

NEW!!! CDT Dual Voice Coil 6.5" Sub Prototypes: Check it out!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 06:44 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by safemode
I'm looking for a 6.5" sub that can get loud enough to sound "correct" along side my component fronts and rears and I utterly destroyed 2 Lanzar VW64's at what appeared to be half the volume level that I was putting to the rest of the speakers. Are there any subs in the 6.5" range that can keep itself together at around 150watt rms or should i take the dremel to the sail panels and find an 8" sub. ?
150watts RMS, I have that...no problem, shoot me an email: keeaudio@bellsouth.net
I have just what your looking for without cutting up your car!!
Old 06-22-2011, 06:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 99monguse
What actually is involved in the installation of the Camaro system? Do I have to cut off the factory speaker connector and solder/crimp to new speakers? I have NO stereo experience; therefore, I don't feel comfortable installing myself if I have to cut-up harnesses and all that. What kind of AMP do you recommend for the system in a Camaro? I would like to have a 10" sub or maybe even two in the back as well.
You have it right. You do reuse the stock connectors off the old ones. This does a couple of things. First it makes it so you can plug right back into the stock harness without having to try and find aftermarket connectors which don't exist for the doors in Camaro or sails in Firebirds.
Secondly you aren't having to guess what goes where, you just plug it back in without cutting into your harness. It all stays intact.
That part is very simple and you would have no problem doing this. The hardest part is getting the door panels off and it literally takes me 5 minutes to do one now. Your first one may take you 20 minutes or so, the second will take you half that.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Banned

Alright, talked to Ken and we are a go for these. The time frame for them is that we are putting them into production Monday. They will be ready for shipping the first week in September at the latest. It might be sooner then that but I am going with the later shipping date to make sure it all comes in on time. If it comes earlier great but it won't come in later then that. I will have 50 pairs right off the bat and another 150 ready to go after that going into the holidays.
Another cool thing is that CDT agreed that anyone pre-ordering these will receive a FREE CDT Polo or T-shirt in either Gray or Black your choice while supplies last. I will be keeping a running order of these in a database. I will need to know size and preference of shirt. Email is preferable to contact me regarding this so I can add it to the database directly.
These will be listed under the CDT tab and in the subwoofers category.
I am very excited about these and know you will be too!! Here is a link to them for pre-order third item down: http://www.keeaudio.com/cdtaudiosubwoofers.html
Old 06-23-2011, 10:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be down for the 6.5's if I can put the level at more than 10% of the dial without them popping and dying. The Lanzar was supposed to be 300watt rms but they must have conjured that number out of their anuses. I have stock 4"'ers still running off the same amp that haven't blown yet and they're no where near 300watt rms.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by safemode
I'd be down for the 6.5's if I can put the level at more than 10% of the dial without them popping and dying. The Lanzar was supposed to be 300watt rms but they must have conjured that number out of their anuses. I have stock 4"'ers still running off the same amp that haven't blown yet and they're no where near 300watt rms.
Your talking about the difference between Lanzar and CDT. They are not on the same planet. With the exception of Lanzars Opti line which are not too bad, the rest are junk. I have access to their entire line of products including the subs you are talking about...I would never sell someone that stuff.
You are absolutely right about where they get the numbers from. I love the 2000watt amps they sell with 1 20 amp fuse and a 200watt RMS rating..lol!
You would love the new subs and even the current SVC ones at 4ohm would kill that Lanzar set.
I have you covered!!
Old 06-25-2011, 07:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ian- how much deeper is the bazooka than the CDT? I had to run a spacer when I installed the bazookas and I'd like to loose it if I can
Old 06-26-2011, 09:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 01 Red WS6
Ian- how much deeper is the bazooka than the CDT? I had to run a spacer when I installed the bazookas and I'd like to loose it if I can
Check the 5th picture down under the pics of the WS6, there is a pic of the stock sub and the CDT next to each other. Definitely no spacer needed.
Of course I put Bazookas in with no spacers as well. I have noticed some cars did need one but they were very few. Like 1 out of 100 cars. Gotta love GM when it came to these cars and quality control.
Plus with the spring loaded terminals, no solder, no crimp connectors. Install is quick and easy. Sound is vastly superior. Clean and tight.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

When I installed the bazookas it bumped the inside panel enough I couldn't really install them using the factory holes. I made custom connectors to hook up the bazookas it was pretty simple. I think I really want a set. Maybe a whole new speaker kit is in order...
Old 06-27-2011, 10:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 01 Red WS6
When I installed the bazookas it bumped the inside panel enough I couldn't really install them using the factory holes. I made custom connectors to hook up the bazookas it was pretty simple. I think I really want a set. Maybe a whole new speaker kit is in order...
As soon as I have these I will be making some adjustments to the packages so that it will include these as well.
The Bazookas are a solid performer and do well, they were not made for this application but with so few choices we had for a good DVC sub that did not cost an arm and a leg they worked well. They still do.
I just had the opportunity to approach CDT and see what they could do for me. This time I got to ask for pieces I knew work with these cars and others as well. I also wanted the spring loaded terminals so that install would be much easier. That way even a novice could do this install and be comfortable doing it.

They are on the website for preorder now and with all preorders you will be getting a FREE CDT shirt. I am keeping a running order of these along with shirt sizes.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:47 PM
TECH Addict

any updates?
Old 07-14-2011, 08:34 PM
12 Second Club

I'm a huge Red Hot Chili Peppers fan. Would these help Flea's bass lines stand out?
Old 07-15-2011, 08:36 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 349 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by cnw8891
I'm a huge Red Hot Chili Peppers fan. Would these help Flea's bass lines stand out?
It will also help if you drive around in muppet pants.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by cnw8891
Lol great line. Im hoping it will liven up my car when I pop a Korn CD in.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:46 PM
Banned

It will do all of the above. I tested it with Black Eyed Peas, Lady Gaga, Black Label Society, Slip Knot, and Def Leppard. Sound is tight and responsive. Fleas bass lines would thump and pop tightly and be defined the way they should be.
The above was tested through the stock Monsoon head unit and amp. I used real CDT and the Def Leppard was a burned disc but it was a VBR recording so sound quality was excellent.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wssix99

Hell your lucky he's wearing pants!!!!!
Old 07-15-2011, 06:05 PM
TECH Resident

I need to pick me up a set of these!!!
Old 07-15-2011, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

so when will the HD version of these speakers be available. i have so kickers back there now but they are at half the volume cause i had to tie the wires together to get the 2 ohm setting. hopping to ditch them for these duel channel 2ohm (2 + 2- connectors) subs.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:22 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by wssix99

I rock out with my **** out! The new album comes out August 30th and their new single came out yesterday. So I'll definitely be getting these CDTs to go along with the new album.

Thanks Ian!
Old 07-24-2011, 03:57 PM
TECH Addict

I can't wait for these! to bad i won't get to listen to them much before its time to put the car up for winter.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:17 AM
Banned

I am anxious to get them as well.
My buddy's DD Toyota pickup crapped out on him (timing belt went) so he is driving that 02 black WS6 daily again. At least for a little while until he gets another beater. He has been listening to the new subs along with the EU-61 door speakers on a regular basis with all kinds of music and he is still impressed at how good it sounds even though it is just a speaker upgrade.

Quick Reply: NEW!!! CDT Dual Voice Coil 6.5" Sub Prototypes: Check it out!!!