Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

NEW!!! CDT Dual Voice Coil 6.5" Sub Prototypes: Check it out!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 08:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

almost the end of AUG...... any updates?
Old 08-17-2011, 08:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just placed my pre-order. Which front speakers are you guys going to run with these? Stock amp or aftermarket (which?)?
Old 08-17-2011, 08:40 PM
Banned

Nothing yet...but it is alot more like mid August...lol! The parts are being produced in China but they will be assembled here in the states as I understand it. Just waiting on word from CDT. They will be coming though as I had to commit to 100 up front and 200 more after that so there is no question as to whether or not they are going to be here. It is just a matter of when in September they are going to arrive. I was told that they would be here the first week sometime. That being said I don't know if they are going to be with me the first week or at CDT in CA the first week. Either way if CDT has them they will go out directly from them as well if it makes things work faster.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by elwood2
Just placed my pre-order. Which front speakers are you guys going to run with these? Stock amp or aftermarket (which?)?
The ones I was using in my car, my best friends car, are in Whitebirds car, and who knows how many members here are either the CL-61CV or the EU-61CV (formerly the CL-E61CV). The EU-61 is a very good speaker that uses a phase plug design with a nice vented cast frame and carbon treated paper cone so they have great sound quality but have excellent longevity as well. The EU is the one I use alot as it has the quality of higher end speakers without the cost. Design, materials, and technology are all from the Eurosport series which is CDT's premier competition level speaker.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 08-25-2011, 12:40 PM
Banned

Alright here is the latest news on these. It is not good but it is not bad either!! They will not arrive here until September 19 due to a Quality Control issue that was caught due to an issue with the spider. Good news is that the prototypes are still pounding strong with no issue. The other good news is that they are putting in an even better spider! For those of you who don't know the spider is the portion of the speaker inside the frame between the cone and the magnet. Here is the email from the owner of CDT Audio:
Hi Ian,

I have some delay news on the HD-6MDVC, QC found an issue with the spider at production QC test and it had to be improved.
This means the final production is delayed and new ETA is September 19.
We should be able to start shipping around September 25.
Sorry for these bad news but we rather find out production issues before the items are released.

We are kicking around some ideas about a special CDT T-Shirt for you guys with the driver pictured on them or something. What do you guys think about that. He also asked me if anyone would be interested in the ES-02 and ES-010 CDT competition level Eurosport super tweeters at a really good deal.
http://cdtstore.com/tweeters/es-010.htm
Let me know what you think about the shirt idea or just a regular CDT shirt would be better. The back would have the speakers on them....although I liked the idea of making the front part have the 2 woofers on the chest..with the phrase: "Stop looking at my woofers!!" under the speakers....JK!
Old 08-25-2011, 12:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eh, T-Shirts are a novelty, it would probably end up just doing duty as a work shirt when getting under the car. I don't much mind anything special either way.

I'm more interested in a speaker of good quality, which apparently they are taking steps to ensure so that is good. Kind of disappointed that we'll be waiting another month though, but I know exactly how this stuff goes having encountered similar things in my own production stuff.

Thank you for the update Ian.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Just waiting to get the new all CDT Firebird package when these are available. Would that qualify for a free T-shirt?
Old 08-26-2011, 04:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by No Juice
Just waiting to get the new all CDT Firebird package when these are available. Would that qualify for a free T-shirt?
I think I can make that work as well!!

Just spoke with Ken again and they wanted the sub to handle more power so the spider was changed. That was the the issue. They were already capable of handling over 100watts RMS so this is going to be really overkill but QC wanted it to handle more and I am not going to complain about more power handling.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO

Just spoke with Ken again and they wanted the sub to handle more power so the spider was changed. They were already capable of handling over 100watts RMS so this is going to be really overkill but QC wanted it to handle more and I am not going to complain about more power handling.
But is the monsoon going to be able to power them enough to get good performance out of them? or are we going to have to run an aftermarket amp?
Old 08-26-2011, 04:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by No Juice
But is the monsoon going to be able to power them enough to get good performance out of them? or are we going to have to run an aftermarket amp?
No problem on stock power, they will maintain most of the sensitivity level even with the improved spider. Should be in the 90db range so no aftermarket power would be necessary. At the same time you will be able to hit them with a pretty powerful aftermarket amp and still be ok.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:41 PM
TECH Addict

any updates?
Old 09-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Banned

Here is the latest and it is very good news!! Just got this email yesterday so we are getting ready to start shipping out speakers!!!
From CDT Audio:
As I said the arrival notice says it’s here at port, we just need a few days to get the parts through customs and we’ll start shipping.

Not long now guys before we start getting the first shipments out to you!! I will be sending my list out to CDT. If you hadn't sent me a shirt size and you are on the pre order list please shoot me an email to: keeaudio@bellsouth.net
I have most of them already but want to make sure you guys get your shirts along with the speakers for those who pre ordered them.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
I would say that they would not be a replacement for a solid 10" sub. A cheap 10" sub it could. They are still a 6.75" sub so surface area prevents them from putting out that kind of output.
For that kind of output that would replace a larger type of sub this would do it on aftermarket power with a small spacer I have (I can get you a nice deal on these):
http://www.cdtaudio.com/series/subwoofers/qes680.htm

The HD-6M DVC will put out more bass then stock, clean up the bass, get rid of the muddiness, and put out even more bass on aftermarket power with deadener and not need solder or crimp connectors for easy install. Depending on the type of 10" sub you can get close to that output with these but replace a good 10" subs output completely, I don't think it would. It would put out more then a cheapo 10" sub though.
I am looking for the best bass possible for my 87 Buick Regal,i really dont want to use a sub box,so i have been contemplating these..
http://cdtstore.com/6x9_series/es_0690gold.htm
is there anything else that you would recomemend instead of this speaker,not sure if the 6.8 you have listed would out perform these..please advise

any sales on the sub i listed..thanks also looking for a nice component set for a reasonable price,,my regal is a low budget cruiser,with a big turbo

thanks

edit---my bad i see on your site the 6x9 subs for $179..

Last edited by tta656; 09-20-2011 at 05:22 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tta656
I am looking for the best bass possible for my 87 Buick Regal,i really dont want to use a sub box,so i have been contemplating these..
http://cdtstore.com/6x9_series/es_0690gold.htm
is there anything else that you would recomemend instead of this speaker,not sure if the 6.8 you have listed would out perform these..please advise

any sales on the sub i listed..thanks also looking for a nice component set for a reasonable price,,my regal is a low budget cruiser,with a big turbo

thanks

edit---my bad i see on your site the 6x9 subs for $179..
I have you covered, they do have the 6x9" in a sub but the 6.8" is a beast as well. The new HD-6M DVC is a viable option as well. All can work in that environment with an adapter. The 6x9" will just drop in. With some deadener and a nice amp they would hit pretty nicely. Shoot me an email and I can get some deals for you! keeaudio@bellsouth.net
Old 09-29-2011, 02:46 PM
Banned

The new subs are now shipping out!!!
Shipments started yesterday. They are also coming with a new CDT shirt that is pretty cool and was made just for these. CDT had them made just recently just for this speaker.
Regular price on these will be $249.99/pair and promo price will be $179.99/pair or $99.99/single sub which will be listed as such on CDT Audio's website soon. It isn't up there yet, I just checked. I am authorized to sell them for $155.99 so get them now!! If you have another vehicle that needs a DVC 6.5" sub I am also selling these by the single sub as well for $75.99 through me as well.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:36 AM
TECH Addict

So what is the new, promo price for the Firebird package with these sail panel subs?

Last edited by No Juice; 09-30-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Banned

Tell you what, for now, I will be able to price the premium package with the HD-6M DVC for $399.99. How does that sound???!!!
Let me change up the website to reflect that and I will do this while I can! That is $533.00 worth of speakers for just under $400.00.

New package is up on the site now and ready to go.

Last edited by KEE AUDIO; 10-07-2011 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got mine in the car today and so far they sound great. I don't have a good comparison to the old ones though because the stockers had been blown out for the last year or two.

They installed well, and the holes lined up with the existing mounting tabs. It feels good to have some bass in the car again.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Aster
I got mine in the car today and so far they sound great. I don't have a good comparison to the old ones though because the stockers had been blown out for the last year or two.

They installed well, and the holes lined up with the existing mounting tabs. It feels good to have some bass in the car again.
On the stock or aftermarket amp?

Quick Reply: NEW!!! CDT Dual Voice Coil 6.5" Sub Prototypes: Check it out!!!