Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

replacement Bazooka 6.5" DVC 4ohm sub in stock $89.99 shipped!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 09:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a pioneer head unit and have kicker speakers in the doors and sails with Polk's in the hatch and hardly any bass would these help?
Old 09-17-2012, 02:52 PM

Cool

Originally Posted by exodus_gs1
I have a pioneer head unit and have kicker speakers in the doors and sails with Polk's in the hatch and hardly any bass would these help?
With the Polks and Kickers you should be getting a fair mid-range output. Why don't you get a 10" sub solely for the bass? I wouldn't replace the Kickers for the Audiopipe/Bazooka/CDTs.

-------------------
"Call me a noob once more... just once more."
Old 09-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by jimnophobia
With the Polks and Kickers you should be getting a fair mid-range output. Why don't you get a 10" sub solely for the bass? I wouldn't replace the Kickers for the Audiopipe/Bazooka/CDTs.
The first two comments are somewhat on the right track... the last is just uninformed. Yes, you will get mid-range and even some mid-bass from the Kicker speakers but the sail panel channels get only low frequency signal from the Monsoon amp so almost all full-range (or coaxial) speakers will sound bad when installed there. And yes, a sub will provide much better bass but it would require another amp and the subject here is one of our sponsors having replacement subs that will work well with the factory Monsoon amp. Since there are limited options when it comes to 6.5" subs (and subs will always be better than full-range in Monsoon sail panels), the Audiopipe or Bazooka subs are definitely a better choice than the Kickers for this application.

You might want to read the Monsoon FAQ sticky at the top of the section for more information about the Monsoon amp and speaker configuration.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

Order placed!
Old 10-05-2012, 06:29 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by FinallymyT/A
Order placed!
Will ship today
Thanks!
Old 10-08-2012, 11:48 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Orders from the weekend shipping today! Thanks everyone.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am really sorry if i resurrected this :c but i have a concern.. Your ad on here is for 6.5" but the website says 6"

http://shop.doubledmods.com/WF6415DV...-bazooka65.htm
Old 10-25-2012, 11:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mista Blazer
I am really sorry if i resurrected this :c but i have a concern.. Your ad on here is for 6.5" but the website says 6"

http://shop.doubledmods.com/WF6415DV...-bazooka65.htm
The fit is a little tighter than a true 6.5", but the Bazookas will go in fine if you just start by loosely fastening 3 screws, then start tightening on the fourth one. Get some Doorman #6 speed nuts with some #6 sheet metal screws and washers. These are slightly narrower than the stock screws and will offer up a little more latitude for adjusting the fit.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Capricio
The fit is a little tighter than a true 6.5", but the Bazookas will go in fine if you just start by loosely fastening 3 screws, then start tightening on the fourth one. Get some Doorman #6 speed nuts with some #6 sheet metal screws and washers. These are slightly narrower than the stock screws and will offer up a little more latitude for adjusting the fit.
The guy before me clipped and hid the original harness and stripped out the factory speakers and baffles (if they were even there) and placed boston 6.5" speakers and had them going to an amp of his own. when i bought the car, i had asked him to remove the car audio since i was going to do my own thing in there
Old 01-17-2016, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

this deal still good and is that price including shipping?
Old 01-22-2016, 05:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Omega Doom
this deal still good and is that price including shipping?
http://www.keeaudio.com/bazooka.html

Quick Reply: replacement Bazooka 6.5" DVC 4ohm sub in stock $89.99 shipped!