Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

My new complete 1000+ watt RMS system but need help with a big box

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
You're not the installer are you?
No I'm not but I don't see how my comment of a Dual 2 ohm sub wired in parallel will get to 1 0hm and in series will make a 4 ohm load. (We are going for 1 ohm) And then a single dual 4 ohm sub can only wire down to 2 ohm or 8 ohms. If I were to have 2 12's I would rather have them be dual 4 ohm so then I can wire them down to 1 as well. If they were dual 2 ohms it would wire down to a half ohm, which my amp cannot handle.

So I don't get why that comment would make you think I don't understand the basics of car audio. It also sucks that your the one to say that to me as I feel your a very knowledgeable resource here on LS1 tech and have taken your advice on many previous posts I've read on here. Long time reader, first time poster here, and you call me out on something I'm quite positive is correct?

Here's an Ohm Calculator that explains my logic
Old 12-14-2011, 06:41 PM
On The Tree

^^^ It's like asking my favorite baseball player for an autograph and then you tell me to give you $50
Old 12-14-2011, 07:13 PM

There's a reason why they make audio specific forums.

c-falls and f-body are the only people I give credibility to after reading this thread. They were the first people to call out a 150 trunk civic... Which is great. I've been looking for over 3 years now to find an 8th gen that will do a 150 out of the trunk. Not a single hit. Seen some walls doing mid 50s over 40 hertz though.

Oh yeah... and a rear seat delete not being louder than a single 12 in the trunk... I'll call that out any day of the week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GGea...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0VMo...eature=related

Last edited by BlackedoutSI; 12-14-2011 at 07:24 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:26 PM
On The Tree

Why thank you. Long time member of CA.com before it became a lame riot. I'm on smd as well.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have been on CA.com forever too. my neon got loud in the trunk. 1 15" Fi BL on 1500rms
Old 12-14-2011, 10:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by B0dyDr0pp3d
The Alpine Type-R is a dual 2 ohm model which can wire down to 1 ohm or 4 ohms. If I was running 2 12's then they would need to be dual 4 ohm. I am a little concerned with pushing that high of wattage into a single 12"
To accomplish the same one ohm load we are talking about? That two would need to be dual 4s as you stated is incorrect.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
To accomplish the same one ohm load we are talking about? That two would need to be dual 4s as you stated is incorrect.
If we were talking about TWO type Rs, you would be absolutely correct. Dual 1s or Dual 4s. But we're talking about ONE type R. A single Dual 2 ohm Type R would yield a 1 ohm load in parallel.

My deal is this. I'm working with a hatch car. Hatch cars are (relative to what I'm used to... Trunks) easier to get loud. I'm going to take full advantage of that. The idea is that the enclosure itself is really what makes or breaks the output of a system. An enclosure built to spec is what I'm going for. So I hit up a dude that knows a thing or two about car audio. (Here's his resume: http://aifresno.com/ ) LOL....

If the car does a 135+ on the TL.... For the amount of money he has into it, that would be great. Anything more will exceed my goals. Low tuning should really be an eye opener to someone who has probably only really heard prefab boxes. The first time I heard a system I really liked, the box was tuned about 32-33hz... and it was playing in the low-mid 40s. That was back when I hit up my first competition. Since then, I've heard some pretty decently loud cars.

Quick Reply: My new complete 1000+ watt RMS system but need help with a big box