Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

driver turn signal not flashing??

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 04:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SSHulk
ok so my hazards work properly , the problem is when i try the driver side signal the bulb in the front turns on just doesnt flashes and during daytime it looks as if its not on the pass side looks 5 times brighter
Ditto, same here.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:16 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 349 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by SSweet97
Mine is doing the same exact thing and I just replaced the socket on the drivers side. Question, will the thermal flasher let the passenger side blink and in my case not blink on the drivers side? All lamps are working correctly, even the hazards, it's just the drivers side drl thats not blinking and the amber lens is dim compared to the passenger side. This is really frustrating and pissing me off.
You can get an electronic flasher at any parts store. Different brands have different part numbers. The correct thermal flasher is much harder to find and you may have to go to a Napa to get one. (Autozone and Advance don't sell them.)

You'll need to fix the flasher problem first. If the bulbs are still of different brightness, then turn on the parking lights and see what happens. You could have a wrong bulb in there (some differing bulb part numbers are physically the same but different wattages) or the two separate filaments in the bulb may be shorted to each other.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:20 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for your reply. I did put on the parking lights on and they glowed the same brightness, when I replaced the socket and bulb on Saturday I replaced the bulb with a 3157 duel filament. I'm going to purchase a light tester and test the light blue/white wire in the DRL module that wire is the wire that runs to the blinker switch that is on the turn signal lever on the column, then I'm going to test the light blue wire on the module itself, it will tell me if the module is the culpret. Could the thermal flasher blink on one side only and not the other. On a side note the DRL housing was a little loose, is there any way to tighten it down. Thanks for your help.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:42 AM
Save the manuals!

Could the thermal flasher blink on one side only and not the other.
YES!

You should put your other spare bulb in the other side of the car to see what happens.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:10 PM
On The Tree

Problem solved, the yuts who wired my socket missed wired the brown and blue wire. On a whim I checked this AM and say that he had missed wired, as soon as I fixed the problem my left blinker worked. Thanks for all of your support on this issue, you guy's rock. Thanks again.

Scott
Old 05-06-2012, 08:22 AM
Save the manuals!

Problem solved, the yuts who wired my socket missed wired the brown and blue wire. On a whim I checked this AM and say that he had missed wired, as soon as I fixed the problem my left blinker worked. Thanks for all of your support on this issue, you guy's rock. Thanks again.

Scott
That would explain the brighter side. (The two filaments in the bulb are different wattages.) Did fixing the wiring also fix the flashing issue? Or did you have to do the flasher?
Old 05-07-2012, 05:37 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wssix99
That would explain the brighter side. (The two filaments in the bulb are different wattages.) Did fixing the wiring also fix the flashing issue? Or did you have to do the flasher?
Yes it fix the flasher, since the blue wire was butt spliced to the brown wire and vice versa it was making the flasher stay solid. The only wire he had hooked up correctly was the black ground wire. If I have to do it again the light blue wire is getting smaller and smaller comming out of the harness, I guess I will have to splice a longer wire to the light blue wire in order to have enough room for any future socket change.

If anybody has to change their socket the alphameric and corrosponding wire color is as follows: A= Light Blue
B= Brown
G= Black

Hope this helps somebody in the future.

Thanks wssix99

Quick Reply: driver turn signal not flashing??