Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help, Tail lamp and Power Accessory fuses keep blowing.

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 04:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, Tail lamp and Power Accessory fuses keep blowing.

So basically just like above the keep blowing and I cannot find the culprite. The power accessory likes to only blow when you lock or unlock with the keep fob. I figured maybe because she had halo headlamps in and team hack job installed all of her hids. So i performed the whistler mod on her stock headlamps reinstalled them ran brand new hids in fogs and headlamps. That did not fix the problem. I checked all drl sockets replaced all the corner bulbs. And what ever pinch in a wire i seperated and re wrapped the harness wires individually at the rear tail lamps. All sockets were good no. Bulbs burnt. In the front i did find the turn signal bulb sockets seemed a little browned and bulbs were burnt but operated maybe that could be one probable cause. I have checked resestances with fuses out and it all checks out good nothing out of the norm. Its starting to get fustrating. Does anyone have pointers for me? Any input would bw greatly appreciated
Old 02-27-2012, 01:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make sure the drl/turn led lights are switchbacks, and have NO load resistors installed.. I kept popping the same fuses.. Turned out to be that the resistors and non switchback lights paired with hids were just too much tor the system to handle.. Hope it helps ya.. I know I had a helluva time with mine

Quick Reply: Help, Tail lamp and Power Accessory fuses keep blowing.