Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Driver power seat controls Passenger seat?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 11:16 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver power seat controls Passenger seat?

I drive a '99 T/A, with power adjustable seats driver and passenger.

I went to adjust the driver's seat today with the two "lumbar" buttons and heard a buzzing on the passenger seat! I head no sound or felt anything while sitting on the driver's seat. I then pushed the same buttons on the passenger seat, and they controlled the passenger seat as well.

I bought my T/A in February, and they worked fine. How is this possible that the driver's seat controls adjust the passenger seat?
Old 04-27-2012, 01:28 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They don't. There are 2 separate motors for separate functions. The driver seat has the track motor which moves it forward, backward, up, down, etc. The passenger has the motor for the air bags in both seats. When you use the lumbar in the driver seat, it activates the pump/motor under the passenger seat. So, one pump powers both seats.

If you don't notice antyhing happening on the driver seat, check under the rear of the seat for a loose or disconnected double hose plug connection. If that's connected, one of the hoses may have a hole in it.

I fixed a pinhole with superglue and electrical tape. Sounds weird, but it all worked out nicely and the driver seat works perfectly.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll check it out, thanks for the good info

Quick Reply: Driver power seat controls Passenger seat?