Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help with jbl bp 1200.1 amp wiring

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 07:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Help with jbl bp 1200.1 amp wiring

I'm new to this stereo thing and i'm not sure how i should power my sub amp. My question is, how do i run my 4 gauge power wire from the battery all the way to the hatch where my amp will be? Basically my main problem is getting the wire from under the hood into the interior area where i would run it under the door footpanels and out into the trunk. Any suggestions or pictures would help. Thanks
Nick
Old 03-29-2004, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Under the hood on the passenger side you'll see the PCM. Its far back towards the windshield. You'll see a lot of wires going in to a couple of harnesses that plug into it. Theres 2 10mm bolts that hold it in, be careful with these bolts, i snapped one off. Remove the 2 7mm bolts holding the harnesses in and set the harnesses aside. Then remove the 2 10mm bolts holding the PCM secure. Now you can turn the PCM sideways so that the part where the wires went is now facing the passenger fender. The PCM will now lift right out with ease. You could leave the harnesses attached but it causes you to have to struggle to get the PCM out of its cubby hole. You'll now see a rubber grommet in the firewall. You can fish your wire thru here. Now inside the car, go to the passenger kickpanel, up behind the glovebox you'll find your wire. Its usually easier to remove the kick panel to find the wire. fuse the wire within 18" of the battery too.

Quick Reply: Help with jbl bp 1200.1 amp wiring