Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

sound dead application advice raamaudio

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default sound dead application advice raamaudio

almost done with putting down raamaudio bxt and ensolite.
from what i've read it's best to use the ensolite foam everywhere and as much as possible but I think i didn't buy enough of it. I bought 5 units of it, about 100 sq ft. got both doors covered and the front half of the floor. My question is where should i not use it in favor of other places? I loaded up the center of the rear hatch above the fuel tank with bxt mat. i could really tell that resonated by tapping on it. And i got most of the interior covered with the bxt mat, I had plenty of that. I'm thinking of not using the ensolite foam under and behind the rear seats thinking the foam of the seats should block/absorb noise?
Should i use the ensolite generously in the trunk rear hatch area, like where the t-tops would go?
the other thing is i would often feel heat at my feet in the summer, is it worth ripping out the oem rubber/foam piece under the pedals and putting bxt/ensolite there instead? it looks like a bitch to pull it since the wire looms are run on top of it, anybody pull that piece how easy was it ?
car is a 2002 camaro ss, stock interior, also have the cdt audio premium speakers in but with oem head unit and oem amp.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:52 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1 FMF
almost done with putting down raamaudio bxt and ensolite.
from what i've read it's best to use the ensolite foam everywhere and as much as possible but I think i didn't buy enough of it. I bought 5 units of it, about 100 sq ft. got both doors covered and the front half of the floor. My question is where should i not use it in favor of other places? I loaded up the center of the rear hatch above the fuel tank with bxt mat. i could really tell that resonated by tapping on it. And i got most of the interior covered with the bxt mat, I had plenty of that. I'm thinking of not using the ensolite foam under and behind the rear seats thinking the foam of the seats should block/absorb noise?
Should i use the ensolite generously in the trunk rear hatch area, like where the t-tops would go?
the other thing is i would often feel heat at my feet in the summer, is it worth ripping out the oem rubber/foam piece under the pedals and putting bxt/ensolite there instead? it looks like a bitch to pull it since the wire looms are run on top of it, anybody pull that piece how easy was it ?
car is a 2002 camaro ss, stock interior, also have the cdt audio premium speakers in but with oem head unit and oem amp.
100sqft shoulf be enough to cover 100% of the car not including the roof.

as far as putting ensolite up by the firewall, if you have enough ensolite, id do it everywhere cuz it really makes a 500% difference imo from just the raammat alone

Quick Reply: sound dead application advice raamaudio