Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

How hard can it be?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 07:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How hard can it be?

So came across most of these items at a killer deal and I believe I have everything needed for a good little set up. As the tittle of the thread implies, any one have a write up?
Ive never messed with anything like this, is it a bad idea for me to attempt it?

Help is much appreciated
Attached Thumbnails How hard can it be?-img_1215.jpg   How hard can it be?-img_1216.jpg  
Old 03-23-2013, 09:30 PM
TECH Addict

Not that hard, honestly getting the power cable routed is probably the hardest part.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Super easy once you do it once or twice. Just gotta dive into it. It's pretty straight forward. The hardest part will probably be making brackets to mount the double din unit perfectly to be honest.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The brackets are the easy part. I just used a bendable strip of metal that had holes drilled in it (i forgot the name but it comes in a roll) and just screwed it into the side of the HU and bent/cut for the existing mounting holes on the dash.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 895 Likes on 637 Posts

Pipe strap?
Old 03-24-2013, 10:42 AM
On The Tree

I guess what makes most nervous is the head unit and steering wheel wiring. Is it petty much splicing the matching color wires on the radio harness?
Old 03-24-2013, 12:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Jvmun
I guess what makes most nervous is the head unit and steering wheel wiring. Is it petty much splicing the matching color wires on the radio harness?
depends on which interface you bought (it helps if you actually TELL us what you have, not just some out of focus pictures), but the wiring was explained in another thread within the last 3 days on here.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:33 PM
On The Tree

It's actually really simple. It looks like a lot, but it's not. Just compare the wiring diagram that is in the manual of the head unit to the harness diagram. SOLDER the wires, please don't be like some people and do the split/twist/tape method...
Old 03-24-2013, 08:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
depends on which interface you bought (it helps if you actually TELL us what you have, not just some out of focus pictures), but the wiring was explained in another thread within the last 3 days on here.
I got here pioneer agh x1500
PAC swi rc
2 kicker comp 10s
Kicker dx400.4
Nvx xkit44
Gm harness
Antenna adapter
Old 03-24-2013, 09:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Jvmun
I got here pioneer agh x1500
PAC swi rc
2 kicker comp 10s
Kicker dx400.4
Nvx xkit44
Gm harness
Antenna adapter
here is the thread I was talking about https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...-controls.html apparently the PAC swi is a little more a pain to install because you have to program every button.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I wanted some seriously strong brackets for my setup. Mine was done with 16 gauge metal tie plates found at Lowes or Home Depot. They have rows of holes too and is cheap. I need to get some pics eventually.

I wouldn't know about wiring the PAC thing. I could care less about steering wheel controls. Most wiring for the head unit and the harness adapter match pretty damn close. Red to red, yellow to yellow, purple to purple, green to green.....etc. Just check to make sure though.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:25 PM
On The Tree

Well Ive installed the head unit in the past few days and its awesome. I fabed some brackets out of an computer frame but they are quite flimsy. I will hit up Homes Depot tomorrow. Tonight I worked on running my amp wires. I ran the power cable through the grommet on the passenger side (I have an optima with top posts so I'll acquire an adapter tomorrow as well.) and ran it under neath the carpet all the way to the back. I went ahead and removed my head unit again for the amp wiring.
Also the stock radio had two harnesses hooked up to it, the one where the new radio harness and one I seem to have no use for. Does anyone know what it's for?
Old 03-31-2013, 11:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HotWhipT/A
I wanted some seriously strong brackets for my setup. Mine was done with 16 gauge metal tie plates found at Lowes or Home Depot. They have rows of holes too and is cheap. I need to get some pics eventually.

I wouldn't know about wiring the PAC thing. I could care less about steering wheel controls. Most wiring for the head unit and the harness adapter match pretty damn close. Red to red, yellow to yellow, purple to purple, green to green.....etc. Just check to make sure though.
I really enjoy the steering wheel controls. Riding around these past few days with my head unit installed made me realize it even more. Some what distracting looking away to mess with stuff.

But since the wiring is confusing to me I'm thinking of visiting a car audio shop jut to have it installed. Still researching dough.

Quick Reply: How hard can it be?