Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Anyone Interested in SPL?? Heres my big Bass build in a camaro.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 03:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

At that high a DB level in the low bass region you're likely losing some through all the rear hatch/glass flexing. I bet if you built a solid barrier to reflect more of the sound waves back towards the front of the car you'd have your 150 db spl.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
At that high a DB level in the low bass region you're likely losing some through all the rear hatch/glass flexing. I bet if you built a solid barrier to reflect more of the sound waves back towards the front of the car you'd have your 150 db spl.
Trust me-this car has a long ways to go.
We changed the port so I now peak at 149.2@42hz.
But its a lot flatter response now, before it was pretty peaky at 34hz, and dropped off a bit on anything over 40hz.
I'll upload a pic of the new port, still have to run the speaker wire (8g monster cable) correctly. Its just through the port right now for testing purposes.

Eventually when I KNOW I wont be changing up the box/tunning anymore, I'll be building an amp rack with a loading wall to help bring the waves forward.

This car still doesnt have a single piece of deadner yet, So hatch is going to get foamed up and deadened first. then the floor, then my doors and roof.
Might try a trick I read with some weather stripping around the hatch to keep some pressure in.

I think I should be easily into the 50's when Im all said and done.

Especially with what I have planned in the future to go in this box and to power them, coming soon
Old 04-21-2013, 04:55 PM
Staging Lane

Well, Have some new equipment I'm going to try out in this car-But The camaro is going to be sold soon, Just listed it on Craigslist the other day.
Going to be selling this sub box and alternator from the car too.

Going to be getting a jeep cherokee and rebuilding in that-Two huge 12"s, 7500 watts...
Old 04-22-2013, 01:41 PM
Staging Lane

Would anyone be interested in seeing the build in the cherokee when it starts?

I might hold onto the camaro a little longer and atleast get a 50 from it before I sell it (Shouldnt be hard with the equipment I'm getting..)
Old 04-22-2013, 01:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by nitrodude
Would anyone be interested in seeing the build in the cherokee when it starts?

I might hold onto the camaro a little longer and atleast get a 50 from it before I sell it (Shouldnt be hard with the equipment I'm getting..)
yes, would be very interested to see. any car audio builds are interesting to follow, imo
Old 04-22-2013, 02:06 PM
Staging Lane

I'll post it up when/if it starts then

Posted up some car audio equipment and this box for sale on here a minute ago as well to get some fundage to start the new build.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

nicccceeee!!!
Old 05-08-2013, 01:09 AM
TECH Addict

I'm in the process of redoing mine like I talked about, from this point I'm going to fiberglass over the whole thing and paint it so I can feel safer about the water leak thats reappeared not destroying the box, I've just got to find a weekend when it's not raining so I can get back on this project.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone Interested in SPL?? Heres my big Bass build in a camaro.-img_20130506_024442_879.jpg   Anyone Interested in SPL?? Heres my big Bass build in a camaro.-img_20130506_024411_849.jpg  
Old 05-08-2013, 05:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Track Request.
Play this and see if the window wont break lol
Showtek- Generation Kick N Bass
hahaha Very nice setup. Wish I had that much bass in my car. I would really LOVE that.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
I'm in the process of redoing mine like I talked about, from this point I'm going to fiberglass over the whole thing and paint it so I can feel safer about the water leak thats reappeared not destroying the box, I've just got to find a weekend when it's not raining so I can get back on this project.
Nice, how does it sound??

Mr z, send me a download link ill take a vid of it playing
Always love new songs with good bass.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:02 PM
Staging Lane

Also- I picked up my new bass truck. 97 ford explorer. 2 door. Got it for $650 with minor issues (needed tires, headliner was cut up and has a small oil and trans leak from the pans)
Redid the headliner the 2nd day I had it, changed the oil, seafoamed the engine and gas, and just bought a set of 22's off Craigslist that were 6months old with like new tires for $350.
Just have to tackle the leaks and start on the system.

Eventually I want to reprint it (clear coat pealing) and glass the door panels for mids.

It'll be a slow project but it'll get done.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:25 AM
TECH Addict

Nice, how does it sound??

Mr z, send me a download link ill take a vid of it playing
Always love new songs with good bass.
Honestly, I can't really comment on it just yet, I just put it back in the car friday night and I was on the highway all day today, and you know how you can't truely judge bass when you have the noise of doing 75 MPH with the windows down, sh*t you can barely hear the music, but it's hooked up and here in Sanibel with me so I can get a feel for it and do a little tuning, I leave friday morning if you got the time sometime this week and wanna check it out just let me know.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:08 PM
Staging Lane

I wouldn't mind hearing it.
Got a new phone and lost your #. Text me.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:19 PM

There was a 4th gen done by Steve Meade with an E, he did a two 18"s wall in one Believe he swapped it out for four 15"s later.

Should get down still. I just like the sound and response of 4th orders
This would be me. 4 15s on 20kw.

Quick Reply: Anyone Interested in SPL?? Heres my big Bass build in a camaro.