Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Anyone Interested in SPL?? Heres my big Bass build in a camaro.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 05:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Interested in SPL?? Heres my big Bass build in a camaro.

Just figured I'd show my build off a little on a camaro forum.
Pretty much wanted a big system, But had a camaro, so not enough space in the trunk for a decent box. So I pulled the back seats! (Never used em, and everything is 100% reversible if I want to go back to stock to sell/whatever reason)

So, Local box builder Rob At sound Concepts in cape coral built me up this box for my two incriminator audio death penalty 12"s.

And powering the subs is a crescendo 5500 amp.

I also got a Tenney 300amp alternator, Its a giant beast! LOL.
With an optima yellow top up front (Looking for something better), and Three big 95ah powerware batteries in the rear, With two huge 2/0 runs of wire running front to back.

Heres a Flex vid of it playing on a Sundown 2500 amp

And a hair trick video with the nendo 5500 in.

I've been on a Term lab meter twice so far, Last time I got a 149.0DB@34hz

Its pretty nasty and I love it.

I'm sure I'll catch some hate here tearing the car apart for bass, But like I said everything is reversible
Old 04-14-2013, 06:53 PM
rwb
TECH Enthusiast

You can still hear??
Old 04-14-2013, 09:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by rwb
You can still hear??
LOL, For the most part
Old 04-15-2013, 07:03 AM
On The Tree

I could see myself building this if I had my camaro back in school. Very nice man haven't seen this design I bet it slams lol. I just have a single twelve and it hits so I can only imagine sittin in in that beast lol.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:36 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks!
I thought up the general idea of the box, Just had Sound concepts build it since it wasnt just a simple square box, had a lot of angles and had to build around the driveshaft hump, etc.
Turned out great though, nice and loud.
I have a few more changes I'm going to make to the box to try and get a 150 out of it.
Also want to build a nice amp rack
Old 04-15-2013, 12:26 PM
TECH Addict

Well it definitely has more airspace then my design, but I kept mine simpler as I wanted the top of th box to line with the rear hump, I also am running far less power to my way more budget friendly subs.

here's all I have video wise, I need to find the time to get a flex video, although it will be far less then yours.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone Interested in SPL?? Heres my big Bass build in a camaro.-2013-02-24_18-10-16_453.jpg   Anyone Interested in SPL?? Heres my big Bass build in a camaro.-img_20130317_182612_268.jpg   Anyone Interested in SPL?? Heres my big Bass build in a camaro.-2013-02-25_14-57-26_719.jpg  
Old 04-15-2013, 01:08 PM
Staging Lane

Looks good!

I opted for port back to load off the hatch
Firing forward you'll lose a bit due to cancellation.
What amp are you using?
Old 04-15-2013, 01:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by nitrodude
Looks good!

I opted for port back to load off the hatch
Firing forward you'll lose a bit due to cancellation.
What amp are you using?
I wanted to do the port firing up but the math wouldn't work so I had to point forward, My core design rule was that no part of the box sits above the rear hump which is an aesthetics thing that will tie into future interior mods.

My amp is just a cheap little 150 dollar Autotek M2500.1D and running off a redtop battery and stock alternator wire with 10 year old Monster Cable 4 gauge power and ground so It's well below the level of power you can produce and I don't know of anyone with a meter to measure it but based on my years of experience in the competition circuit I would say i'm in the high 130's to low 140's just under the level that makes an experienced basshead ears hurt (you know that piercing feeling i'm talking about) I would love to get it metered just to see.

I'll actually be down in Sanibel the first week in June most likely but I don't know if I'll be driving this car or not.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:36 PM
Staging Lane

Just figured I'd show my build off a little on a camaro forum.
Pretty much wanted a big system, But had a camaro, so not enough space in the trunk for a decent box. So I pulled the back seats! (Never used em, and everything is 100% reversible if I want to go back to stock to sell/whatever reason)

So, Local box builder Rob At sound Concepts in cape coral built me up this box for my two incriminator audio death penalty 12"s.

And powering the subs is a crescendo 5500 amp.

I also got a Tenney 300amp alternator, Its a giant beast! LOL.
With an optima yellow top up front (Looking for something better), and Three big 95ah powerware batteries in the rear, With two huge 2/0 runs of wire running front to back.

Heres a Flex vid of it playing on a Sundown 2500 amp
Two 12" IA death penalty in camaro custom back seat box build, crazy flexxing hatch - YouTube

And a hair trick video with the nendo 5500 in.
Two 12" subs, hair trick? - YouTube

I've been on a Term lab meter twice so far, Last time I got a 149.0DB@34hz

Its pretty nasty and I love it.

I'm sure I'll catch some hate here tearing the car apart for bass, But like I said everything is reversible
I CANT BELEIVE THAT BACK HATCH WINDOW HASNT SHATTERED!!! Thats just silly.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
I wanted to do the port firing up but the math wouldn't work so I had to point forward, My core design rule was that no part of the box sits above the rear hump which is an aesthetics thing that will tie into future interior mods.

My amp is just a cheap little 150 dollar Autotek M2500.1D and running off a redtop battery and stock alternator wire with 10 year old Monster Cable 4 gauge power and ground so It's well below the level of power you can produce and I don't know of anyone with a meter to measure it but based on my years of experience in the competition circuit I would say i'm in the high 130's to low 140's just under the level that makes an experienced basshead ears hurt (you know that piercing feeling i'm talking about) I would love to get it metered just to see.

I'll actually be down in Sanibel the first week in June most likely but I don't know if I'll be driving this car or not.
My buddy Rob just got a term lab, Hes in cape coral, So if you want to get metered hit me up and I'll meet you at his shop

Originally Posted by RONSBLACK1998TA
I CANT BELEIVE THAT BACK HATCH WINDOW HASNT SHATTERED!!! Thats just silly.
LOL, It does a pretty good wave on the low notes
Old 04-15-2013, 06:15 PM
TECH Addict

My buddy Rob just got a term lab, Hes in cape coral, So if you want to get metered hit me up and I'll meet you at his shop

LOL, It does a pretty good wave on the low notes
PM me your contact info and IF I drive it down I'll contact you (not sure If I want to put the 1400 mile round trip on mine yet, if it can be avoided).

I designed mine with a "frame" that bolts to the seat locations then the box sits on it and gets screwed down to it to secure it, so not only is it TOTALLY reversible it could be done without any sign it was ever in there to begin with.

Last edited by Daniel Richards; 04-15-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:47 PM
Staging Lane

PM me your contact info and IF I drive it down I'll contact you (not sure If I want to put the 1400 mile round trip on mine yet, if it can be avoided).

I designed mine with a "frame" that bolts to the seat locations then the box sits on it and gets screwed down to it to secure it, so not only is it TOTALLY reversible it could be done without any sign it was ever in there to begin with.
Ill send ya a PM.
Mines bolted down in the back with the tie down tab screws (show in pic) and eventually I need to make brackets to bolt where the stock seats bolted to bolt the front down too.
Pretty much if I ever wanted to put the seats back in, I just need to take usbs out, unbolt the box, two people lift it out of the hatch, and bolt the seats in
Could probably done in an hour or two with no signs of a there ever being a box there
Old 04-15-2013, 07:57 PM
TECH Regular

im jealous of these awesome builds. makes me feel inadequate with my single sundown sa12 lol
Old 04-15-2013, 08:14 PM
Staging Lane

Sa-12 in the right box/power can get loud.

Build a good designed 4th order, I think you'll like the results
Old 04-16-2013, 12:48 AM
TECH Addict

I never did say, but I'm glad I'm not the only one "crazy" enough to sacrifice the back seat to do a sub box, I've not seen any other 4th gen with this type of setup.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:06 AM
TECH Regular

Sa-12 in the right box/power can get loud.

Build a good designed 4th order, I think you'll like the results
I have a 1.9ft^3 @ 30hz ported box in the works right now that will be in my t-top storage area and shoot straight up into the hatch. its a fun mix of mdf and fiberglass work lol hopefully ill finish this week but moving into an apartment has severely limited my resources :/
Old 04-16-2013, 02:08 PM
Staging Lane

I never did say, but I'm glad I'm not the only one "crazy" enough to sacrifice the back seat to do a sub box, I've not seen any other 4th gen with this type of setup.
There was a 4th gen done by Steve Meade with an E, he did a two 18"s wall in one Believe he swapped it out for four 15"s later.

Originally Posted by Avaric3
I have a 1.9ft^3 @ 30hz ported box in the works right now that will be in my t-top storage area and shoot straight up into the hatch. its a fun mix of mdf and fiberglass work lol hopefully ill finish this week but moving into an apartment has severely limited my resources :/
Should get down still. I just like the sound and response of 4th orders
Old 04-16-2013, 02:09 PM
Staging Lane

Heres another quick vid of the hatch flexing the same day. (sorry the quality is really poor)

Keep in mind, Both hatch flex videos were on a sundown 2500, Its now on a crescendo 5500 (Over double the power)
Old 04-16-2013, 10:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Now that's nice!
So how many cu.ft. of airspace per sub, and what's the tuning frequency of the port/s ?
So..... what made you decide to go with 12s, instead of 15s..?
Old 04-16-2013, 10:46 PM
Staging Lane

Box is 5 cubes total after displacements tuned to 34hz.

Actually, I went with 12"s because I got four of these beasts in a trade, But when I brought them to the shop to get built I could just feel all the extra weight of just the subs alone in the car (70ish pounds ea times 4 subs)
Plus realized the airspace needed for 4 would be a paint to get out of the space I was willing to give up without doing a full wall (Didnt want a wall due to being a daily driver)

So finally decided to just do the two.

Going sometime this week to play with tunning and remeter to see if i can get a 150 out of this setup.

Eventually I want to rebuild with some big 15"s

Quick Reply: Anyone Interested in SPL?? Heres my big Bass build in a camaro.