Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

How to hook up a factory 12 disc changer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 02:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to hook up a factory 12 disc changer?

Just bought a factory 12 disc from a priv ate seller from his 2001 TA, and I tried hooking it up to m 2002 TA. Now, I found the plug next to the rear speaker on the driver side, plugged in the changer and saw that the lights went on inside the disc changer, but the 12 disc cartridge will not eject. Any ideas why? It seem as though all I am suposed to do is slide on the door and it should eject, but no luck! I even tried that little pin-hole button...is that the back up eject?
Any suggestions?
Do I need to hook up something else to my radio, another plug or something...i have th Monsoon with CD face, and it's plugged in, but I'm frustrated. The seller says it was in working order the day he sent it to me, and I beleive him. HELLPP!

Thanks
Old 04-27-2004, 07:17 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

First, are you sure there is a cartridge in the changer? (I know, dumb question but I had to ask...)

Second, the seller didn't put the shipping screws back in the case did he? That will lock everything down until they are removed.

You can check the connection by pressing the CD/Play button (twice if there is a CD in the head unit) and listening for the changer to cycle through the cartridge looking for a disk. There is only the one cable connecting the changer to the head unit.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:12 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Thanks for the suggestions, I will look for those shipping screws, and ya, the cartridge is in there. Is there any way of getting the cartridge out if it is stuck...other than pure force?

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
First, are you sure there is a cartridge in the changer? (I know, dumb question but I had to ask...)

Second, the seller didn't put the shipping screws back in the case did he? That will lock everything down until they are removed.

You can check the connection by pressing the CD/Play button (twice if there is a CD in the head unit) and listening for the changer to cycle through the cartridge looking for a disk. There is only the one cable connecting the changer to the head unit.