Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

camaro double din kits! finally cheap!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 09:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by QWIK Z of OP
Thanks! I still need to get with you and utilize your knowledge of our electrical systems! Do you have any thoughts of the android double dins on ebay?
The ones I've seen don't state the CPU and seem to overall have low end hardware, not to mention they probably aren't well supported by the app community or with updates. You'd be better off getting a good name brand tablet like a Nexus 7 and fitting it in.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flaring Afro
The ones I've seen don't state the CPU and seem to overall have low end hardware, not to mention they probably aren't well supported by the app community or with updates. You'd be better off getting a good name brand tablet like a Nexus 7 and fitting it in.

I've seen older ones running Android 2.x, but they've come out with updated versions running Android 4.x with dual core processors. You can even root them, if you're into that sort of thing. The XDA community are all over them, so there is a lot of "aftermarket" support.

Quick Reply: camaro double din kits! finally cheap!