Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Wiring for Stock Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 11:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question Wiring for Stock Fog Lights

My Z-28 is stripped, not equipted. I have thought about adding factory fog lights to my ride. Has anyone else done this before? My car doesn't have the harness for the fog lights, and I was wondering what would be involved in setting this up.

Comments, and suggestions most appreciated.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

An aftermarket setup should be pretty easy. The PIAA 510 is a great set (round) and they have some square ones too. My PIAA setup came with wiring and relays I think. If you wanna really be stock, go to gmpartsdirect.com for stock switches.
But I'm not sure if there is any wiring setup you can hook into already.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would prefer to go with an OEM setup, as apposed to an aftermarket set up. I am just curious about the wiring harness provisions/requirements. Has anyone else tried this before?
Old 06-25-2004, 03:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I loosely checked into this last year. Basically, you would have to buy the lights of course, mounting brackets, interior switch, and from what three different dealers told me....you can buy the plugs for the lights with about a foot or so of wires already attached to them and the same thing for the interior switch. So, if that is indeed the case, I would think all that had to be done is buy some more wire of the same gauge and splice them together between the switch and the lights. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to install a relay in there somewhere. I was told the factory relay couldn't be used without letting the PCM know that the lights were there.

I haven't checked anymore into it since, but maybe this can get you a start.