Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Double DIN Pioneer MVH-1400 NEX, Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bezel in Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2019, 09:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know this is several months old from the original post, but do you have any pics from the opening that had to be cut out?
Old 10-28-2019, 03:52 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you are referring to inside the dash, you just cut out the bottom support of the old HU. I just used a pair of tin snips and it cut the plastic cleanly. If that is not what you are talking about, then I don't know what opening you are talking about.
Old 10-28-2019, 04:00 PM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Same exact technique here...Used tin snips to cut plastic support. When you remove old radio you will see a plastic support on the bottom crossing from left to right. That support makes the opening just a tad too constricted height-wise. You just cut it off on left and right side. That gives you the additional room you need for standard double DIN headunit. You will still need a Double Din dash radio kit that comes with brackets and face plate.
Old 10-29-2019, 08:11 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 278 Likes on 242 Posts

Also, you will probably have to bend or remove the rear support. Most aftermarket head units are deeper than the factory one so the rear support will get in the way. In my case, I bent it down rather than cut it out because I was able to position it so that the head unit chassis rested on it providing just that little extra support in the back. Not necessary but good for peace of mind.

Quick Reply: Double DIN Pioneer MVH-1400 NEX, Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bezel in Trans Am