Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Rebuild monsoon system or get new

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2020, 04:53 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 278 Likes on 242 Posts

There are lots of 6.5" component sets available... Alpine, Focal, JBL, Kenwood, Infinity, Pioneer, Polk Audio, Rockford Fosgate... to name just a few well known brands. There's also cheap off-brands like Boss, Pyle, Skar, etc.

The CDT components are a great choice for Camaros because they are one of the few that can be coaxially mounted but for Firebirds that isn't a concern.
Old 04-12-2020, 06:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

hertz and sundown make some very nice audio equipment.All depends on your budget. You can ask this question to 50 people and probably get 50 different replies based on personal preference. Just keep in mind this to save you money down the road. If you do decide to replace the factory amp later on, make sure you get something of decent quality now to avoid having to buy again. Alot of good choices out there, have fun shopping! Keep us posted!
Old 04-16-2020, 01:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I got the new speakers put in and its day and night difference. I need to work on the driver side sail panel cause I'm getting some metal rattle from the sub at lower volumes.

Quick Reply: Rebuild monsoon system or get new