Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

remote auto down, help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 12:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remote auto down, help.

Ok, i have a question. I have done the auto down mod on pass side. I did it with a Gm module. It wires in parrellel with a power and ground. then u wire a wire (that originally went straight to window motor) in the module then out to the window motor. ok that isnt exaclty perfect but this isnt my problem. Can i take the pusle signal from the remote and sent it to the module, since the window swith only sends a "signal" to the module for the 1 sec u have to push it. So can i use the pulse signal from the remote to activate the module in the same way that the window switch does. I mean it sounds like it would work,.....( I think) but i dont know. Anyone have any info, before i go and experiment with it?
Old 07-16-2004, 01:07 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 271 Likes on 235 Posts

If you have done the progressive door lock mod then you can use the leftover wire as a second channel to control your window module. It will generate a pulse when you press the remote unlock button twice. Bear in mind that pressing the inside passenger door unlock button will also generate the same pulse so you might want to add a relay to prevent activation while the ignition is on.

Instructions for the progressive door lock mod are here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/177443-progressive-door-lock-mod-no-power-locks.html
Old 07-16-2004, 05:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
If you have done the progressive door lock mod then you can use the leftover wire as a second channel to control your window module. It will generate a pulse when you press the remote unlock button twice. Bear in mind that pressing the inside passenger door unlock button will also generate the same pulse so you might want to add a relay to prevent activation while the ignition is on.

Instructions for the progressive door lock mod are here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177443
so when i press unlock on passenger side my windows would roll down? Also the pulse signal from the 2nd channel of the progressive door lock will activate the auto down module and it will work?
Old 07-16-2004, 06:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yuo can't just add a wire and get autodown.

you need a window roll down module, to make the windows go down by remote.

there is no power to the power windows when your car is off, so the rolldown module provides that

I have the 1 touch, and it works great.

I have 2 sets of rolldown modules, and will be installing them for up and down soon. (the dei 530T does both, and 1 touch up and down) thats whati would have buy, but the rolldown modules i have were free.

Ryan
Old 07-17-2004, 12:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by slow
yuo can't just add a wire and get autodown.

you need a window roll down module, to make the windows go down by remote.

there is no power to the power windows when your car is off, so the rolldown module provides that

I have the 1 touch, and it works great.

I have 2 sets of rolldown modules, and will be installing them for up and down soon. (the dei 530T does both, and 1 touch up and down) thats whati would have buy, but the rolldown modules i have were free.

Ryan
I have auto down already. (both sides) I used the GM module the same that is used to make the drivers side operate.

I didnt think of no power to the motors because of the key being off. Well guess it wont work that way. Well it would i think if it had power, cause all the module needs is a signal to "activate."

Ok then, is the circuit on the power windows....switch to ground or load to ground. Anyone know?
Old 07-18-2004, 09:32 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Originally Posted by black96ws6
so when i press unlock on passenger side my windows would roll down? Also the pulse signal from the 2nd channel of the progressive door lock will activate the auto down module and it will work?
Unless you add something to the circuit to prevent it, pressing the unlock button on the passenger door will trigger the same pulse as pressing the unlock button on the remote twice. So, if you have your window module wired to that gray with black wire at the BCM then your windows will go down when you press the passenger's unlock as well as when you press the remote unlock button twice.

However, if you aren't using an aftermarket windows module such as the DEI 530T then the module won't work unless the ignition is on or the retained accessory power is active. The factory setup has the switches, the window control module and the window motors all powered through the "Windows" circuit breaker. The circuit breaker only has power in ON, ACCY, or when the RAP is active.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:38 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Originally Posted by black96ws6
I have auto down already. (both sides) I used the GM module the same that is used to make the drivers side operate.

I didnt think of no power to the motors because of the key being off. Well guess it wont work that way. Well it would i think if it had power, cause all the module needs is a signal to "activate."

Ok then, is the circuit on the power windows....switch to ground or load to ground. Anyone know?
The power window circuit is grounded when the window switches are in the rest position. The motors work by reversing polarity so pressing the switch "up" applies voltage to one side while pressing the switch "down" applies voltage to the other side. The factory express down module is wired into the driver's up circuit so that if the switch is held for a second or two it triggers a latching relay to continue to apply power after the switch is released until the window is all the way down.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:49 PM
Teching In

Unless you add something to the circuit to prevent it, pressing the unlock button on the passenger door will trigger the same pulse as pressing the unlock button on the remote twice. So, if you have your window module wired to that gray with black wire at the BCM then your windows will go down when you press the passenger's unlock as well as when you press the remote unlock button twice.

However, if you aren't using an aftermarket windows module such as the DEI 530T then the module won't work unless the ignition is on or the retained accessory power is active. The factory setup has the switches, the window control module and the window motors all powered through the "Windows" circuit breaker. The circuit breaker only has power in ON, ACCY, or when the RAP is active.
Ok then this helps out greatly. Exactly how would i make it where the pass side unlock buton works, but it doesnt trigger windows to roll down? Ok last thing, where is the driver auto down module located, is it in the door also? Dont remember seeing it before?
Old 07-18-2004, 01:59 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

There is no way to totally prevent the passenger unlock button from providing that pulse without disconnecting the unlock wire from the switch. However, you can add a relay into your accessory (window module) circuit that will disconnect the circuit while the ignition is on. That way, the door unlock button will work but the signal will only trigger the window module when the ignition is off (e.g. to roll up the windows when setting the alarm).

The factory window module is mounted to the floor mat at the firewall in the center of the dash (behind the heater & A/C controls).
Old 07-21-2004, 01:04 PM
Teching In

There is no way to totally prevent the passenger unlock button from providing that pulse without disconnecting the unlock wire from the switch. However, you can add a relay into your accessory (window module) circuit that will disconnect the circuit while the ignition is on. That way, the door unlock button will work but the signal will only trigger the window module when the ignition is off (e.g. to roll up the windows when setting the alarm).

The factory window module is mounted to the floor mat at the firewall in the center of the dash (behind the heater & A/C controls).
Sweet, thanks man i appreciate it alot. I am gonna give it a shot sometime soon.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:51 PM
Launching!

it doesn't seem like window control is possible even w/ the progressive door lock bypass. If they don't have power they don't have power. Am i wrong?
Old 08-02-2004, 04:57 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

The DEI window control module is wired differently than the factory module. It requires cutting into the window switch wiring and it has a 12V feed from the battery so that it is available regardless of the ignition switch. The pulse from the second press of the unlock button on the remote can then be used to trigger the module to lower the windows.