Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Battery ground

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2021, 09:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Battery ground

So a bolt that hold the battery ground to the chassis broke off can I bolt it to the head? What does it control?
Old 06-22-2021, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 199 Likes on 160 Posts

The heads should each have their own ground, IMHO. The chassis needs its own ground as does the body, core support and the transmission, if electronic. Good grounds don't control anything per se but support proper operation of everything electronic. Quite simply, you can't have too many grounds and my best / fattest grounds are all braided half inch bare cables soldered into low impedance connections.

I'd find a different good chassis location for that ground or try to remove the broken bolt for a replacement ground.

Rick
Old 06-22-2021, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by B52bombardier1
The heads should each have their own ground, IMHO. The chassis needs its own ground as does the body, core support and the transmission, if electronic. Good grounds don't control anything per se but support proper operation of everything electronic. Quite simply, you can't have too many grounds and my best / fattest grounds are all braided half inch bare cables soldered into low impedance connections.

I'd find a different good chassis location for that ground or try to remove the broken bolt for a replacement ground.

Rick
thank you

Quick Reply: Battery ground