Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Need some help on (dis)arming trans brake while driving

Search this Thread

Old Today, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Red face Need some help on (dis)arming trans brake while driving

greetings, so the setup on the car is a th400 and with a Hurst 3162002 Pistol Grip Automatic Shifter Reverse Pattern where the red button on the shifter i have is for the transbrake. i've been driving it like this and been carefully to not bump or touch the button while the car's moving at all times. so i've been getting tired of doing that and was thinking of a way to have the button disarm while driving so to prevent me or passenger accidentally pressing the button while the car's moving. this is where you eletronic gurus come into play. i was thinking of using a relay (normally open or closed?) and having an On/Off switch so when i am at the track i can flip the On/Arm switch and be able to use the tranbrake. NOW the secondary safety i was thinking is, when i shift from 1st to 2nd, there there's some sort of wire that gets into contact somewhere on the shifter mechanism that gets grounded and, similairily to a circuit breaker, kills power to the On/Off switch goes from On to Off thus the transbrake button is inoperable UNTIL i turn the switch again to ON. does that make sense? if that's possible, what are all the neceaary parts i need and what would be the wiring layout on the relay itself? thanks in advance for those able to help me on this lil project.

Quick Reply: Need some help on (dis)arming trans brake while driving