Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Am I right in thinking Phoenix Gold is the Ferrari of car hi-fi?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 09:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what about MTX, they used to make some really good amps back in the day, I havent been much into the audio scene since the late 90's though
Old 10-08-2004, 03:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why a 15" sub? Much eisier to fit a pair of 12's and the output is very comparable. Plus 12's will have a faster response time. Also you don't need to run a ground wire all the way to the BOOT. English. lol. Ground is ground. use the Chasis. The rest of the power distribution looks great.

I love my Dynaudios. My 5" mids play really nice down to 63 Hz.

I've been into car audio for about 11 years now and this is a pandoras box for me.

First do you car more about loud and clear or do you want a good front image that sounds alot more realistic?

If the later is true you can get away without rear speaker and then could spend the extra cash on the front stage. PM me if you want to talk details. I won't brand bash. I will only get a feel for were you want to go and I can make sugestions for you.

Last edited by Richiec77; 10-08-2004 at 03:05 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-14-2004, 01:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love old school orion stuff and the new stuff is pretty nice too. Love the HCCA amps with a trio of XTR series II or III on them! Kicker has some great stuff, soundstream has come back around with some quality sounding components. JL is a top manufacturer.

Quick Reply: Am I right in thinking Phoenix Gold is the Ferrari of car hi-fi?