Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Radar interference with tinting?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 12:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i used to have mine mounted at the bottom of the dash as well. but va cops are ****'s...
Old 02-02-2005, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

i don't like mounting the detector where the cord can't be hidden though...
Old 02-03-2005, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
The blackout area around the windshield is just that - an area that is completely blacked out and can't be seen through. When you look at your windshield from outside, you'll see what I mean.
from inside the car, there is about 4 inches of tint at the top of the windshield. this is the only high place a radar detector could be mounted at from within inside the car. outside i see a blackout area from where you can't see through, but it's not reachable from inside the car, only the top tinting. is it okay to put the detector up there?
Old 02-03-2005, 12:35 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by tuffluck
from inside the car, there is about 4 inches of tint at the top of the windshield. this is the only high place a radar detector could be mounted at from within inside the car. outside i see a blackout area from where you can't see through, but it's not reachable from inside the car, only the top tinting. is it okay to put the detector up there?
As long as it's just the factory tint or it's an aftermarket film tint that is non-metallic.