Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

GTO Rear Sub Amp has adjustable gain knob! (not sure if this is old news)

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 02:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb GTO Rear Sub Amp has adjustable gain ****! (not sure if this is old news)

I read on another forum (haven't been here in awhile) about the amps being adjustable and checked it out and sure enough the sub amp in the trunk is set at about 60%. I upped mine to about 90% and noticed incredible gains and it has never shut down once even during long commutes. Then again it is in the 30's and 40's.

If you have a 2004/05 Goat open your trunk. On the left side wall there is a plastic tab, you remove this and the amp behind it. The **** is on the front side facing the engine towards the top. If like me your spare etc is out you can snake your arm up from underneath the carpet and feel for the amp without having to remove anything. I thought this was a good free mod to give your bass a little oomph for those that didn't already know about it. Also if you notice your volume decreasing frequently the recomendation is to go into the programming menu and turn off "distortion limiter". It basicly decreases the amp gain. Check it out I gained some very noticable DB's without distortion by doing the two free mods above.

Quick Reply: GTO Rear Sub Amp has adjustable gain knob! (not sure if this is old news)