Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

factory alarm is driving me crazy help

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 12:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question factory alarm is driving me crazy help

Just recently my alarm (factory) has been acting up I activate it when gettin off somewhere and within a couple of minutes sometimes even longer the alarm just goes off by itself. The car is not touched no one with a loud system drives by or someone with a huge cam open headers drives by to set it off. And I've observed it before to see If it does go off by itself and it does and when I deactivate it it honks twice like if I'm activating it I dont know if maybe a sensor is dead or what but I'm tired of it even when I just lock the car manually it will go off.

My question to you guys, where can I disconnect the alarm. In the rear passenger just by the spare tire there is a black small box should I just disconnect that?

Any info will help Thanks,
Old 02-21-2005, 12:27 PM
Launching!

that is your shock sensor, that seems to be the fault
Old 02-21-2005, 12:53 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Just disconnect the shock sensor. I don't remember if the factory ones have an adjustment on it or not.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:12 PM
TECH Addict

disconnect shock sensor, rear passenger side.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:22 PM
Launching!

Thanks guys! I just did it we will see tonight if that fixes the problem..........
Old 02-23-2005, 12:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FungusMungus05
Just recently my alarm (factory) has been acting up I activate it when gettin off somewhere and within a couple of minutes sometimes even longer the alarm just goes off by itself. The car is not touched no one with a loud system drives by or someone with a huge cam open headers drives by to set it off. And I've observed it before to see If it does go off by itself and it does and when I deactivate it it honks twice like if I'm activating it I dont know if maybe a sensor is dead or what but I'm tired of it even when I just lock the car manually it will go off.

My question to you guys, where can I disconnect the alarm. In the rear passenger just by the spare tire there is a black small box should I just disconnect that?

Any info will help Thanks,

i had the same problem, i just turned down the sensitivity (on that black box) and everything worked out just fine.