Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Audiobahn True Digital Amps???

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 01:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also It Does Matter How Much Power You Use ,plus The Efficency Of Your Enclosure. I Dont Understand How You Say All This When You Arent Even Right..you Are Saying You Can Run A 1000 Watts And Have The Same Spl If You Had 10,000 Watts. I Think Your Reffering To Efficency.
Old 03-12-2005, 02:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

First of all...thats a manufactures web site...

I see that number is outlaw meaning that rating was from sticking the mike in the box. NOT pulled off the dash. Actually I designed and built the guy that held that record for almost 2 years from Lufkin, TX. He had 4 rockford 10s in a 4th order bandpass tuned for 81 hz.

Ill break it down real simple for you...

Sound is pressure created by a cone moving.
NO matter how MANY watts you put in a sub.
It will create the same EXACT pressure as the one with less watts moving the EXACT same amount.

I was going to make transducers for a living. I know all about efficiency it seems you do too and in know that, I should also remind you that a high wattage sub will always be less efficient then a lower powered one. Several factors enter into this such as heat, x amount of watts to get it moving x amount, and thesil small parameters that affect how the sub react with such a high QTM. Im not going to get into why as it is beond the scope of this forum.

Im not going to argue with you since you know it all. But you may want to read up on sound pressure and what exactly makes sound.

Last edited by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick; 03-12-2005 at 02:10 AM.
Old 03-12-2005, 03:20 AM
Teching In

dude that is our team and our car....its our sponsors web site.IT WAS NOT OUTLAW.THAT IS WITH THE MIC ON THE DASH..THE MIC IS CALLED THE TERM-LAB(NEW ONE).DB DRAG RACING.COM....YOU DONY HAVE TO EXPLAIN HOW SPEAKERS WORK WE BUILD THEM.I'M NOT ARGUING WITH YOU BUT YOU REPEAT YOURSELF OVER AND OVER...ALSO THE CAR YOU ''BUILT''.WHATS THE GUYS NAME,ALSO YOU CANT PLAY 81 HZ IN ANY REAL SANCTIONING EVENT.MAYBE AT A STATE FAIR NOT DB DRAG.
Old 03-12-2005, 03:30 AM
Teching In

Doesn't It Only Make Sense That A Woofer That Takes More Power To Move Is Less Efficent. I Think Your Still Refering To Efficency.i Would Think That Has Something To Do With The Motor Struture"magnet'' Strotium Ferrite.now We Have Prototypes Of Neodynium Woofers....89lb Strotium Ferrite =23lbs Neodynium
Old 03-12-2005, 10:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

All technicals aside, I used Presion Power amps in my old Supra, and won a trophy or two. I was hitting 148db with one(1) Cerwin Vega 15" Stroker in a 3.5 cu. ft'box with a PC1800.2 amp. That amp was rated at 800w, but I burned a circuit and had to have it rebuilt. After it was rebuilt the tech guy bench tested it, and guess what?- about 1100rms watts. Let's just say that it hit pretty hard. I had an audiobahn amp in the GFs' car, and it sucked. If you want a "beat the world" amp go on ebay and get an older PPI "Art Series" amp. There have been no finer amps ever produced, IMO.
Old 03-12-2005, 12:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by T.S.I.
Doesn't It Only Make Sense That A Woofer That Takes More Power To Move Is Less Efficent. I Think Your Still Refering To Efficency.i Would Think That Has Something To Do With The Motor Struture"magnet'' Strotium Ferrite.now We Have Prototypes Of Neodynium Woofers....89lb Strotium Ferrite =23lbs Neodynium

dude that is our team and our car....its our sponsors web site.IT WAS NOT OUTLAW.THAT IS WITH THE MIC ON THE DASH..THE MIC IS CALLED THE TERM-LAB(NEW ONE).DB DRAG RACING.COM....YOU DONY HAVE TO EXPLAIN HOW SPEAKERS WORK WE BUILD THEM.I'M NOT ARGUING WITH YOU BUT YOU REPEAT YOURSELF OVER AND OVER...ALSO THE CAR YOU ''BUILT''.WHATS THE GUYS NAME,ALSO YOU CANT PLAY 81 HZ IN ANY REAL SANCTIONING EVENT.MAYBE AT A STATE FAIR NOT DB DRAG.

Can we get some english lessons.....

So Im looking around american bass's web site and I have yet to seet his 30,000 watt quad 18 inch sub or these 'linkable' amps. So lets see em...

In outlaw you can play whatever you want and you can put the mike wherever you want. Its simply not possible to build the LOUDEST CAR IN THE WORLD with one sub off the dash. So Im still waiting to see this whopper of a sub...
Old 03-12-2005, 02:08 PM
Teching In

go get a magazine or go to dbdragracing.com.. you have no idea what you are talking about,there for a minute i thought you did .well now i know you truly don't.if you watch mtv2 there will be a documentary on it this month.. the amp is called a 200.1.. let me break it down for you as i know you have no clue:::125 volts ac/87 amps of current draw=1.4ohms interactive impedance...power rms = 11,160 watts per stack...also many companies make linkable amps.. it means 1 amp is master & 1 amp is slave.... that mean 1 amp + block and 1 amp - block....we are so far past your compehension i dont think you could understand...1-woofer 174.4--- 8 amplifiers.the subwoofer are custom built......go to the web site and look at contestant winners .this is a proven fact.no imagination.sorry you cant except it.
Old 03-12-2005, 02:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

there was one guy with a single 10" digital designs sub that hit 169.something db in a little hatch back like 2 years ago. it was all over the mags.

thought it may interst u guys if u haven't heard about it b 4.
Old 03-12-2005, 02:28 PM
Teching In

also what is the name of the mystery man that youbuilt the world record holder for...
Old 03-12-2005, 03:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

go get a magazine or go to dbdragracing.com.. you have no idea what you are talking about,there for a minute i thought you did .well now i know you truly don't.if you watch mtv2 there will be a documentary on it this month.. the amp is called a 200.1.. let me break it down for you as i know you have no clue:::125 volts ac/87 amps of current draw=1.4ohms interactive impedance...power rms = 11,160 watts per stack...also many companies make linkable amps.. it means 1 amp is master & 1 amp is slave.... that mean 1 amp + block and 1 amp - block....we are so far past your compehension i dont think you could understand...1-woofer 174.4--- 8 amplifiers.the subwoofer are custom built......go to the web site and look at contestant winners .this is a proven fact.no imagination.sorry you cant except it.
Ok now were going off the wall. Im starting to think your a punk kid at your computer just typing/making **** up. This is getting rediculous. You should see me laughing at my desk.

I just figured since it was your car youd have a picture of this mystery sub. Thats all. After all...it is your car right? Why not go snap a pic real quick for me

I have many customers that I built boxes for, sorry I dont memorize the names of all of them. Black chevy pickup ext cab and the guy was an older gental men that always wore a hat. I want to say his name was rick but Ive done so many and that was a long time ago
Old 03-12-2005, 03:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Oh and by the way. I just did a quick search for the loudest car in the world. Its called THE BEAST by team gates. So this confirms your posts.

http://www.teamgates.org/bronco.html

Im done
Old 03-12-2005, 07:55 PM
Teching In

that was in 1998. she doesnt even compete anymore....and their number was like a 170. and i did a search for someone that thinks they know it all.guess what? your I.D. came up .....everything on the net is right im sure...dont be a hater cause you cant understand....its alright.

oh yeah, i still havent got that name of the guy you build the world record car for..maybe i can find that through a search engine too.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:04 PM
Teching In

if you need proof call american bass @ 1.800.798.1198.ask for bob he's the owner.ask him what T.S.I. means or what TEAM SUPRIOR SOUND IS.

THE SUB IS NO MYSTERY ....EVER HEARD OF A VFL-SIG...OF COURSE NOT.. ONE OF THOSE ARE ABOUT 5000$..NOT SOME JL CRAP..
Old 03-12-2005, 08:08 PM
Teching In

The Guy With The 1 -10 Inch Was In A Very Old Honda..his Name Is Nathun Munson..we Were In The Same Class Extreme 1....he Got 2nd Place To Us In 03..nice Guy
Old 03-12-2005, 08:13 PM
Teching In

Mtv Is Doing A Documentary On Db Drag Racing This Month Will Be A Cool Show To See....if You See That You Will See Why We Travel The Country To Compete And How The Us Competes Againt Countries Such As..finland, Japan, Germany,etc....it Will Be A Neat Show..
Old 03-12-2005, 08:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

2MuchRiceMakesMeSick,
I would shut the F up if I were you. The guy you are arguing with has built some of the loudest **** on the planet and in my eyes you are starting to look like a little punk. Do you think building a box and putting it into a car will make a car loud? I have seen some of these vehicles pull the front end of the 30 foot trailer in the air because of the weight. I guess you have never heard of Team Superior Sound have you? These guys have rocked your so called and self proclaimed Gates Team. Team Gates has millions tied up in **** and couldn't win at world finals. Hell I saw the big *** semi of Kicker at worlds but even with all the fancy gear they were sent home with there tail between there legs. I think half the big dogs think they are a joke. The car TSI is talking about it the big bad green pinto that took the world by storm with only one sub. Yes I said the right ONE F'n sub that hit over 170+ Db and took home the grand prize "Loudest car in the world". The guys that built the car work on it every day to hit those numbers and deserve some recognition but still those ****'n factory backed boys get on TV. Did you ever notice Team Gates never said they were the loudest? Do you want to know why?? Because they will never be!!

I would like to mention one little bit of info that I might get **** for but I will share anyhow. The parts that these cars run are not on web sight for sale. If you want to run this stuff you might need to go to a few shows and talk to some of the big dogs and kiss a few people asses. Hell the subs I have put in some of these loud *** cars have hurt my back and/or crushed my fingers.

Ok now were going off the wall. Im starting to think your a punk kid at your computer just typing/making **** up. This is getting rediculous. You should see me laughing at my desk.
I am not sure what was so funny? He gave you some specs that have been tested on the bench.

I just figured since it was your car youd have a picture of this mystery sub. Thats all. After all...it is your car right? Why not go snap a pic real quick for me
Ah that will never happen in a million years buddy! These guys spend way to much time on here to get little bugs worked out to gain .1 db. If you ever try to look in the boxes of a car that does well you might not be walking away.

In outlaw you can play whatever you want and you can put the mike wherever you want. Its simply not possible to build the LOUDEST CAR IN THE WORLD with one sub off the dash. So Im still waiting to see this whopper of a sub...
Ahhh you can see these at a show if you would like but they will not be in the car. Some of the teams have a few spares on hand that they would let you see. If you want to buy one you better bring a pile of money because the motor structures are nothing like you can buy off the shelf. Have you seen a Kove Armageddon motor before? Well if you double that you might get close to the ones these guys run. If I remember correctly they will not ship them either. 1 because of the weight and 2 if UPS broke the thing you would be up **** creek because these things don't grow on trees.
Oh and out law is for the punks that can't build ****. If any one I know ever ran this I think I would loose all respect for them. Do you know why these people run out law? It’s because they can't get a box to build pressure in the font of the cabin because of cancellation which can be because by a tone of different things.

2MuchRiceMakesMeSick,
Yes I am still talking to you!! If you want to have your head explode talk to some one that is into physics. I bet they tell you one 12 inch sub can't create enough power to make 170+ db but yet it has been done. That kind of makes you think doesn't it?

Feed The Dragon,
Sorry for the high jack put some of us get a little pissed when people give out bad advice. I will stand for it most of the time but this post just got under my skin. If you would like some advice hit me up with a PM and I will see what my buddy thinks.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

TSI,
MTV was going to show the pinto at one time but "some one" ran over some glass and took out a tire correct? I can't wait to see what sick ideas come out of certain peoples heads this year.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

JL CRAP
Hey I run that JL crap in my home theater setup. Well thats what it got down graded to. And dont get any ideas of putting SIGs in the Iroc either!