Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

HELP! Aftermarket fuel level gauge

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 07:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question HELP! Aftermarket fuel level gauge

I purchased an Autometer electric fuel level gauge for my 2000 LS1 and I'm not sure which wire to tap into. I just need to know which wire to tap into and where to to it. Also, if I hook up this aftermarket gauge, do I need to disconnect the stock fuel level gauge in the cluster? Any suggestions on how to do this, preferrably from ones experienced with this exact situation.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:23 PM
TECH Resident

I cant help but I am curious as to why you need another fuel guage? Seriously... just wondering
Old 03-14-2005, 07:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I bought a triple pod a-pillar and bought some gauges to fill it. I wanted to get a fuel level gauge because it is SO ACCURATE! I can't stand looking at the stock gauges and just wondering what the REAL fuel level, temp, voltage, oil pres. is.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Were talking fuel level or fuel pressure? In all honesty you shouldnt let your sump fall below 1/4 of a tank. I never did in my old car.

Im sure its only as accurate as the source.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The reason I say it is more accurate is that it is a full sweep gauge. I'm sure you have seen enough gauges to know what I'm talking about and how accurate they can be. This will help me because I do a lot of traveling for work and I need to know when to make my next gas stop because I don't get many chances to.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:57 PM
TECH Junkie

i usually don't let it get low enough to worry that much. a fuel pressure gauge would be useful though.