Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Question On Millhouse Box And Overall System Plans?? Your Advice Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005 | 06:09 PM
On The Tree

Default Question On SUB Box And Overall System Plans?? Your Advice Wanted

To get right to it i want to put a system in my new ss. i have a kenwood hu (don't know what model ,that will be swapped out down the line), focal 165A 6.5 component, kenwood KFC-X168 6.5 COAX, KAC-8401 kenwwood 4 channel, and will be purchasing jl audio 500/1. i had the 500/1 in my yukon and loved it and will probably swap out the kenwood 4 channel with the jl 300/4. my question is... is there anyone with the millhouse box out there that can tell me if it is sturdy and secure while your driving. from the pictures subthump shows it could go either way(sturdy or not). i am also wondering if it is going to be nice and loud (in street lingo will it beat or hit ) . is it a nice sounding box. i will get the box with dual 10s and use jl 10w6v2 or diamond audio d6's . my other option is to have a box made for the rear deck. in my 99ss i had a obcon box that fit perfect up there (that was after i payed them to make me a custom box and it was a piece of **** and didn't hit for nothin). So basiclly 1.. is it secure and 2.. is it a good sounding box. i know it has alot to do with the subs and amp but with my setup i think it should sound good and it looks nice and to a regular person (not in the fbody scene) they would be suprised when they saw it. thanks in advance mario

Last edited by BTLFEDLS1; 03-28-2005 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-29-2005 | 02:52 AM
Banned

I recently bought and installed the Millhouse box. I can tell you that it is a VERY high quality piece and is very sturdy. I am highly impressed of the sound I am getting from my sub. It is much more than I was expecting. I am running a single 10" dvc Memphis sub and it hits hard and loud. My box has 1 cubic foot of airspace with the sub in it. I have been working on my system and I haven`t gotten it to where I want it exactly, but everyone that hears it is very impressed and everyone has commented on the box. I also put Memphis components in the sail panels and put the tweeters in the rear tweeter location. I`m working on now getting some more Memphis 6.5`s in the door location. I didn`t like the Bostons I put in there. I am at the time running a Rockford Fosgate 800 to the sub, Rockford Fosgate 600 to the components and recently installed an Audio Control EQX to help tune and clean up the sound. I also have a Clarion HU. You`ll love the Millhouse box. I recommend it to anyone looking to go that route.
Old 03-29-2005 | 11:17 AM
12 Second Club

I am running 2 JL audio 10w0's in a Millhouse box and it hits hard. Plus the benefit of no loss in space and simple couple second removal.
Old 03-29-2005 | 02:01 PM
On The Tree

thats what i was guessing. i heard subthump boxes are high quality and for the price the look you get in the end i think will be worth every penny. thanks for the comments
mario
Old 03-30-2005 | 12:01 PM
Staging Lane

I have a single JL10W6v.2 in a mill house box. it is great. The quality is top notch and they will make it to the sub's specs. If you were looking for a single 10" mill house box with the SS embossed in vinyl mine is for sale since I sold the SS. if your interested drop me a pm. sub and enclosure are for sale 300 for both, 200 sub and 100 box....