Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

stealth boxes installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 02:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stealth boxes installed

quick question for you that have the subthump stealth boxes installed, do they just slide in with no screws or anything or are they secured by a bracket or something to hold it into place? could you also post some pics of your stealths installed
thanks
Old 03-31-2005, 03:19 PM
Staging Lane

You don't need to screw them to the car. Since they are not made out of plastic, they tend to stay put and not slide out like some other boxes. Plus, they are made to fit tightly in the respective space and will not move at all if installed properly. There is a lot of thought behind those boxes. Every cut and every angle has a purpose.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:28 PM
Launching!

Cept I sure wouldn't want that flying around the car if I was ever in an accident.

OUCH!
Old 03-31-2005, 04:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a drivers side 12" stealthbox.
Nothing holding it in, but I'm thinking about making something, because every now and then it slides outta there.
No big deal really, just annoying.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

I see people do this alot often then they should.

PLEASE, for your saftey, find a way to secure that box.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 121 Likes on 93 Posts

Not necessary - though both of mine have been BJ Nolen boxes. They fit as tight as you want. I always do a single Lbracket because I like overkill. Not needed. With a proper install, if you wreck and your stealth box moves into your personal space, you have bigger problems than where it's going . . .
Old 04-01-2005, 12:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmilz28
...both of mine have been BJ Nolen boxes....
That's what mine is too. Awesome box!
Old 04-01-2005, 02:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by jmilz28
Not necessary - though both of mine have been BJ Nolen boxes. They fit as tight as you want. I always do a single Lbracket because I like overkill. Not needed. With a proper install, if you wreck and your stealth box moves into your personal space, you have bigger problems than where it's going . . .

You CAN run around with four donut/spares for tires but its not safe. Why risk something so simple as building a bracket when your playing with your life.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by megabass
You don't need to screw them to the car. Since they are not made out of plastic, they tend to stay put and not slide out like some other boxes. Plus, they are made to fit tightly in the respective space and will not move at all if installed properly. There is a lot of thought behind those boxes. Every cut and every angle has a purpose.
I have one and no matter how hard I try, it doesnt fit correctly.

The trim panel doesnt fit over it like it should. Is there a trick to making it sit flush so everything snaps back together like it should?
Old 04-01-2005, 12:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CrazeD_SS

The trim panel doesnt fit over it like it should. Is there a trick to making it sit flush so everything snaps back together like it should?
after quite a few layers of deadening i had to dremel the heck out of my stealth box for it to fit right. i would install it, see where it was too tight, and then take it out and shave it down a tad until it fit right. took awhile but its always better to not cut enough off than too much imo.

i agree, find some way to secure it other than the friction fit of it, if you got in a wreck and that thing came loose it could take your (or your passengers) head clean off. i have mine secured with an l-bracket and its also l-bracketed to my amp rack. truth be told even if i was in a violent wreck its still not tied down good enough.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CrazeD_SS

The top portion of the baffle is trimmable. The part that stick up above the rest of the enclosure. So if you added a few layers of deadening or you have something else under there, it will make the box sit higher. So if you find that to be the case, just trim the top down.