Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

who has the best sounding 6x9's????

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 10:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who has the best sounding 6x9's????

I am talking about 3 or 4 way 6x9
Old 05-15-2005, 11:03 PM
Launching!

It's hard to answer this without using an analogy. What's the coolest color for an F-bod? Both questions are totally a matter of personal taste. Sure, there are brands that commonly stand out among audiophiles, but everyone has their favorite. Check the stickies for the more popular brands, and like we always tell everyone in here with this question - listen to as much as you can before you buy. Take into consideration that a given speaker will always sound different in the store than it will mounted in your car - that's just basic acoustics coming into play. If you have the opportunity, get into peoples' cars and have them show off their stuff. That will give you the best idea of how it will sound in your car. Never let a salesman talk you into something - if you don't like green beans, would you let the waiter at the restaurant talk you into getting them? It's all a matter of what YOU like - after all, it's YOUR car and YOUR $$$.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what's it going in? i would recommend a component set over 6x9's personally, tho....any vehicle that has a 6x9 factory opening should be a cake walk to fit a 5 1/4" or 6 1/2" component set in, it would just require either buying an adapter plate, or making a baffle out of hardboard or something.

generally speaking, the component set will handle more power, and will sound better than a 6x9.

but if you're dead-set on them, go with pretty much any reputable speaker maker.....JL Audio, Boston Acoustics, MB Quart, Diamond Audio, Infinity, etc.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Its difficult to answer this question because its an opinion.
I think MB Quarts sound the best.
Your best bet will be to go to your local stereo shops and listen for yourself
Old 05-16-2005, 09:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

I agree, it's very hard to answer this. Speaker placement plays a bigger role.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:51 PM
Staging Lane

focal or a/d/s have the clearest speakers i have ever heard, i would seriously look into either one of them, but be ready to spend some $$$

Quick Reply: who has the best sounding 6x9's????