Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Concerning in-dash dvd players. Can you play movies while driving?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 06:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Concerning in-dash dvd players. Can you play movies while driving?

I was looking under common q's but didn't see it.

I am possibly getting an alpine d300 and i've noticed that a lot of the places say that only with the parking brake engaged can you play dvds. Is there a way to bypass this? perhaps if you have a passanger on a long trip who wants to watch, or whatever.

I understand that the driver shouldn't be driving and watching a movie but I simply would rather make my own choices about when I can play movies.

Suggestions/Thoughts?
Old 05-30-2005, 06:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Every state probably has a different law governing the use of DVD players. In mine the DVD\TV\VCR can't be viewable by the driver.
Old 05-30-2005, 06:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yes the safety can be bypassed. Some are as easy as grounding out the wire. Some are more complicated. But every stereo shop knows how to do it. Even though many won't do it. They can atleast tell you how to do it. & if you have a fear of working on your own car. Go find one of the installers and offer him some cash to come to your house after work & do it for you off the clock.
Old 05-30-2005, 07:13 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by richieg
yes the safety can be bypassed. Some are as easy as grounding out the wire. Some are more complicated. But every stereo shop knows how to do it. Even though many won't do it. They can atleast tell you how to do it. & if you have a fear of working on your own car. Go find one of the installers and offer him some cash to come to your house after work & do it for you off the clock.
excellent. thank you for the information. That is exactly what i was hoping to hear.