Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

$300-600 installed, what is the baddest alarm system out there

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might also want to invest in some sort of hood lock. Any idiot can disable an alarm in 30 seconds(abiet it would go off for 30 seconds). Smash the window, pop the hood, cut the positive battery cable with a pair of wire cutters. Then they can put the truck on a flatbed and drive off without too much suspicion. I think they could do that in under 2 minutes if there are a team of guys that know what they're doing. If somebody wants his truck bad enough, they will get it.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If somebody wants his truck bad enough, they will get it.
no debating that!!
Old 07-27-2005, 08:27 AM
On The Tree

I know there are people out there that can take your head unit in under 20 seconds. Break the window, crowbar the hell out of the dash ... and walla!
A thief doesnt care what he does to your car, just if he gets caught. A blaring alarm doesnt do much anymore either. Most people think its some guys alarm that goes off because someone bumped it or whatever reason. They never second glance the situation and realize that your car is being thieved.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Exactly. Most people dont even take a look at someones car that has their alarm tripped. But its just piece of mind knowing your car is protected. The alarm is just one more obsticle a theif has to get through.
I personally wouldnt buy the motion sensor just cuase its damn annoying. An old lady walking to church could set it off and you'd be running your *** back and forth checking up on it. The pager alarm is a great idea, my alarm is too old to have that. But at least they're now coming with it. Gives you a great call saying someone could be ******* with your car. Just keep it relatively sensitive and it'll go off even if your fender is hardly lifted.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BLOW ME FASTR
I know there are people out there that can take your head unit in under 20 seconds. Break the window, crowbar the hell out of the dash ... and walla!
A thief doesnt care what he does to your car, just if he gets caught. A blaring alarm doesnt do much anymore either. Most people think its some guys alarm that goes off because someone bumped it or whatever reason. They never second glance the situation and realize that your car is being thieved.
What nobody seems to realize is that the idea isin't to prevent anything.....it's just to make your car less of a target then the car next to you. The red blinking warning LED on your dash makes all the difference. If a theive has the choice between a car with the flashing light...or one with nothing.... mise well go for other car, right? Those fake flashing LEDs that are sold which aren't even an alarm system are almost as effective. Starter kill is the biggest plus after that. Just so they don't make off with the whole damn car.....
Old 07-27-2005, 06:35 PM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up Viper 791XV's for sale.

Originally Posted by Tally TransAm
my brother has an 2004 dodge ram 1500 4 dr. his stock wheels got stolen and now he has some badass 22's on it and he doesnt want them to be taken easily again. he is also getting stereo and dvd and all the interior goodies as well

looking for something that has door sensors, shock sensors, window sensors, motion detector, pager display (where it tells you what is happening where), and all the other nicknacks

ive heard of something called a leveling sensor where in can tell if your vehicle is being jacked up, anyone know anything about this

anyways thanks for the help in advance

ryan
I'll sell you a 791XV Viper Alarm/Remote Start for $250.00 uninstalled. PM me if you're interested.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:50 PM
On The Tree

Sounds like he needs a good set of wheel locks. As far as the motion sensor, you could always put a toggle on it, so you could turn it off whenever.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:51 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why dont u just get those lug nuts 4 the wheels that have a lock on them there is no way 2 get em off without the key unless u go 2 a special place 2 do it
Old 07-29-2005, 09:57 AM
On The Tree

So your saying someone cant drill the wheel locks off?