Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Show your Sub/Amp setup

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 09:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can also swap the red LED on the dash pad with a blue one. That helps folks know it's not stock.
Looks better, too.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ahahah

I've put in a Rockford Fosgate 2400w Amp with 2 12"w7 JLAudio Subs. It's so damn loud you can hear it from 3 blocks away. JLAudio W7's are the only way to go.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by texasbaseball99
I've put in a Rockford Fosgate 2400w Amp with 2 12"w7 JLAudio Subs. It's so damn loud you can hear it from 3 blocks away. JLAudio W7's are the only way to go.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 12-09-2006, 11:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JasonWW
My theory is that crappy looking cars tend to get no respect and crooks don't feel bad about trashing one. They also probably don't think the owner will go through the trouble of tracking them down or put a beat down on them as the owner doesn't even care about the car.

When you have a nice, sharp, well maintained vehicle a thief walking by knows he could suffer more serious consequences if he gets caught inside. He knows the owner will call the cops and the risk is much higher.

At least that's my theory. Plus you have different kinds of thiefs. I think you got hit by the turd burgler. Low level crook who chooses vehicles by convience and opportunity. You also got higher level crooks that are more brazen and will target certain vehicles. Even follow them to see where the owner lives. These are the worst ones and whos radar you want to stay off of.

I would do the more obvious things first, such as not blast the stereo when looking for a parking place. Keep the car parked in high visability areas or where there is a lot of people traffic. Avoid the big stealing places such as malls and movie theaters. Only show people you trust your big sound system. Park the car under security camaras. Get one of those paging alarm systems. You can also get a lojack in case it's ever taken. Make sure your sound system is covered by your insurance and whatever else you can think of.
I think the tint jobs can also attract theifs. This could be added to your thiory, but mine is that when a crook see's a car with a very dark tint job, they'll think you got something valuable in the car, most likely a big sound system they could take and make money off of.
Old 12-10-2006, 02:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Damn it... that would explain why those ******** broke into my piece of **** 96 Honda Accord. I have limo all the way around and the front windshield is tinted also. =\

-B
Old 12-10-2006, 12:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah my best advice would be to keep everything out of sight, and decide for yourself if you want to do limo tints again. I wouldn't, even though they're nice. My camaro doesn't have any tint at all, and have yet to get broken into for almost 2 years I'v had it now.

I do have a decent little system in it, just a 10" sub in a home built stealth box, 3 way rockford fosgates in the doors, a small 200 amp powering all of them, and a Pioneer 6700 h/u.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:03 AM
On The Tree

has anyone done a ps2/screen setup on a firebird?!?!? im looking to do one this summer and was looking for some ideas if anyone has done it! thanks
Old 01-15-2007, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 01-15-2007, 05:15 PM
Teching In

What do you think of mine?

Last edited by Robb01; 01-15-2007 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BlkTARebel99
All the custom fabrication was done by a guy named Casey Jones in Lufkin, TX

wow... small world. i used to live in lufkin, tx... now i reside in cali.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by fortheluckyones
has anyone done a ps2/screen setup on a firebird?!?!? im looking to do one this summer and was looking for some ideas if anyone has done it! thanks
Those are crappy little screens, why would use that?
Tell me what you want to accomplish and I'll give you some better suggestions.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:04 PM
On The Tree

I just want to mount the ps2 in the glove box, was planning on going with an alpine DVD player in the dash with touch screen, (2) 10" in the back and then running all my door speakers and the two middle speakers off my current amp
Old 01-16-2007, 07:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Oh, I thought you meant one of these:

but you mean a PS2 and some other nice screen. Yea, we already talked about this earlier. That DVD flip out screen would work fine, but the touch controls would not work for the PS2, only the radio, etc....
Mounting the deck in the dash is very straight forward. Wiring everything is easy as well. Any installer that's done a game system in a SUV will know all the details. I think the only tricky part would be getting the PS2 into the glovebox. I know one guy who had one in his f-body, but he mounted the PS2 body in between the rear seats in a custom shaped enclosure. I don't know if it didn't fit in the glovebox or if he just prefered it in the rear. Have you tried to fit it in the dash yet?
Old 01-16-2007, 07:58 AM
On The Tree

Not yet. The only problem I forsaw having was being able to open the lid to take games/movies etc in and out. I'll play with it today and see how the fitment is. I was trying to keep it up front that way its easy to access and what now. We'll see.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Your car is a formula, right? I don't think they have the air pump under the passenger seat, like the TA's. If that's the case, then there might be room under there as well. Just a thought.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:01 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by shortdo99
Here's mine...JL components up front and back, 2 jl 12's and JL 500.2 and 300.4 All while retaining factory look. Amps and cap in the spare tire well.

How much does that setup weigh? I like the nice clean look of it.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SRZ
How much does that setup weigh? I like the nice clean look of it.
It weighs the same as any other box. Q-logic used 5/8 particle board for the main body so that may make it a tad lighter and then the plastic top cover adds just a tad so it balances out.

BTW, they don't make them anymore, but you can sometimes find just the plastic cover on E-bay.

The actual box wasn't that great, anyway. Besides the thinner, cheaper materials, they didn't use the airspace at the bottom. I would personally look for just the top and then make a propper box for underneath it.

Below is a pic of the box.
Attached Thumbnails Show your Sub/Amp setup-q-logic-speaker-box-1-.jpg  
Old 01-16-2007, 12:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JasonWW
Your car is a formula, right? I don't think they have the air pump under the passenger seat, like the TA's. If that's the case, then there might be room under there as well. Just a thought.
That is a possibility, mounting in under the seat that is. It will not fit in the glove box without a little cutting on the back side of the glove box. which you would need to do most likely to run the wires in and out. It's only about a centimeter to big to fit and you could most likely gain that little bit of extra space fairly easy. what about making a custom mount/holder to fit it where the AC controls are, under the flip out screen? i held it up and looked to see how it was size wise and it's just narrow enough to fit in the arear where the AC controls and cd player are.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

What about just taking the thing apart and putting the DVD drive under the HU, the guts under the seat and the buttons and controllers/plug-ins in the glove box?

Quick Reply: Show your Sub/Amp setup