Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

"angle eyes"

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 09:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "angle eyes"

today i just installed new "angle eye" headlights i bought from a e-bay vendor. the lights look great and plugged right in but the "angle eye" ring has to be wired separately. i don't know what to wire it too. please help!

Last edited by TOMSBLKSS; 02-19-2006 at 11:10 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-18-2006, 09:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

You mean ANGEL EYES...right? I guess it could be wired to the low beam circuit.
Old 02-18-2006, 10:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

if they're anything like the black halos (with the "angel ring" in the middle), then u can either hook the red/white wires up to ur turn signals *or* the the fog lights. either way u go, the angels will light up when the respective lights come on.

but, maybe im wrong. maybe the angel lights arent the same as the halos i got...
Old 02-18-2006, 10:46 PM
Teching In

HAHA! angel eyes... sorry
Old 02-18-2006, 11:18 PM
TECH Addict

i just wired mine up to an independent switch, just ground the white wires to the bolts next to the air box on the frame and run the red wires to a switch and then run the switch to a power source and you can turn them on whenever you want.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Made mine look like stock. Things I needed:

Stock Fog Light Switch w/ wire harness
12 Gauge wire
Blank Switch plate

Ran the powers from both halos to one wire, then into the cab and up the center console to where the stock Fog Light and TCS switches reside. Popped off the Camaro emblem that was hiding two empty switch holes. Popped in the blank plate, and started the wiring for my "extra" fog light switch. I wired ALL of the wires into the stock fog light switch except for the Yellow wire. I hooked the Halo power wire to this yellow wire. Don't forget to ground both halos! So, this allows me to have control over the halos and stock fog lights independently of each other. The only caveat is that I have to have the headlight switch on. The only way around this, is to not tap the brown wire of the new switch to the stock switch, instead to a switched +12v source. I was just lazy.

Here's the dash, sorry for the blur, but you get the idea. I'm pretty positive that those were the correct colored wires, but let me know if you want them for sure, and I will quickly check for you!
Attached Thumbnails "angle eyes"-switch.jpg   "angle eyes"-frontclosesmall.jpg  
Old 02-22-2006, 02:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have mine wired to my running lights, not the signal lights! That way when the running lights are on, the halos are on. If you hook them up to the signal lights, they will blink with the signal lights. And all you need to do is snip the running light wire, you don't need any other wires, there will be enough on the new lights.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:27 PM
Teching In

thanks for all the input. i ended up running them to the fog lights. now i am in the middle of disabling the daytime running light sensor so i can run just the halos and fog lights in low-light conditions.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

all you have to do is pop up the dash top, unscrew the sensor, and jumper the two wires, bypassing the sensor. literally two minutes!
Old 02-26-2006, 05:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

mine are hooked up to the parking lights, this way when it is just starting to get dark i can drive with them on with out using the actual headlights.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:30 PM
Launching!

Hooked mine up to my drl on my stang
Old 03-08-2006, 11:27 PM
Teching In

Hey, Guys. I am new to the site, but I just purchased the angel eye, halo headlights, and I enjoy seeing other's car pics. That looks really clean how one of you guys kept the stock look by adding the switch plate...Well, when I recieve my lights I'll post some pictures on here...any pointers or tips would be appreciated. -Jesse
Old 03-09-2006, 11:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

not for ur halos, but, if u ever get the corners, SEAL THEM!! i cant stress enuf how stupid i feel for not sealing mine, an i'll probably keep posting this to everyone who asks about their corners.

the only thing is that some people have had probs with their halos not aligning properly as their stocks did (apparently a bigger gap). not sure if its just the company i bought them from or wut, but mine fit just like the stockers. but hey, im sure if u have probs an u post up some pics, do a lil research usin the "search" option, we can come to a conclusion on how to fix ya up.

either way, congrats on ur new purchase an hope everything works out fine! take it easy dude
Old 03-09-2006, 11:48 AM
What's a Sticky?

where do you seal the corners at?
Old 03-09-2006, 12:28 PM
12 Second Club

I tapped into the running light wire using clip on connectors so no cutting was involved, been a year and still work great. With the clear corners I gave up on them, I put a set of diamond clear corners on and first time to the wash they fogged, so took them off, sealed them. All seemed ok for about a month, then one filled with water. So was replacing the bulb and noticed the plastic was melted where the bulb plugs in, so I took them back out and put some carbon fiber covers over the stock ones and satisfied now. There are a lot of brands of clear corners out there and is touch and go, either people have tons of problems or they are perfect. I would suggest if anyone lives in the lower states that see sun more than rain they would be great, otherwise I wouldn't get em again.

Last edited by rotwiler; 03-09-2006 at 12:33 PM.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

u seal the corner where the light socket mates up with the actual plastic housing - put a bead of rtv silicone around the connector, maybe some rtv on the mating surface of the plastic, then connect the two pieces, then run a bead around the crack/crevice to seal the actual connection, just for re-assurance.