Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

rear subs???

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 06:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear subs???

hey I am not real big into stereo and all but in the stock 6 speaker monsoon sound system the rear 2 speekers are 6" subs right and if so is it possible to get them into my vert without major customizing

-josh
Old 02-22-2006, 07:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The Verts have full range speakers front and back. And I'm fairly sure you'll be wanting a pretty shallow mounting depth for any replacements in the back.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

The rear speakers are shallow and you will need to use the spacer that comes with whatever speakers you choose. It is still a bolt in job with no fabrication, but maybe you will have to drill a couple holes for the speaker bolt pattern.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:51 AM
On The Tree

Putting subs in the location of the rear fill speakers in a vert won't help your bass much at all due to the complete lack of an enclosure, and I believe they are crossed at the factory amp to remove the bass anyway (I read that somewhere, someone please correct me if I am wrong). You will be better off replacing the door speakers, or better yet, get a sub if your goal is bass reinforcement. If you are worried about losing cargo area you have several options for sub placement:

1) passenger side stealth box, the downside is you lose your spare
2) Bazooka Tube (or similar), you can set it up with a quick disconnect so it can be removed quickly from your trunk.
3) JohnnyB's sub box (or similar) it sits on the pass through ledge between the trunk and the cabin so you don't lose any usable trunk space.
4) Rear seat delete, and in place of the seat you build a custom fit sub enclosure.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yea, what TA guy said. the mounting depth for rears in a vert is 1.5". I just have front components and a passenger side subthump box. I am not running anything in the rear sails. http://www.subthump.com/acamarostealth.htm
Old 02-24-2006, 08:11 AM
Launching!

thanks u guys for all the help

-josh