Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Faster Windows?? Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006 | 01:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by bmfcamaro
when compared to the siemens brand they go faster than my stock one. just order one online from autozone.
I'm guessing the motors on the siemens are wound so that the rpms are a little higher for the same voltage.

That may be a 3rd way to make them faster, just swap the motor out with a faster one. Faster and bigger may be even better.

For anyone with an old motor, does it have a sticker with any motor specs such as RPM or amperage?

Has anyone taken apart the switch or thermal control section. I would love to learn more about it.
Old 07-05-2006 | 07:53 AM
Ungrounded Moderator
20 Year Member

I just installed an ACI replacement motor from Advance Auto. It now goes up and down just as fast as in my wife's SUV - much faster than it ever did since it was new. In fact, it's taking some getting used to . It was only $55 and comes with a lifetime warranty. I may go ahead and do the other side just to get the speed.
Old 05-01-2007 | 07:54 PM
TECH Addict

bringing it back from the dead..

recently my EBAY motor $18 each.. bought 2 sold 1 cuz i thought this one would last.. not... 700 miles later

went to the vato zone got me a lifetime warrenty reman one thinking about doing the mod before i stick it on.. its a cardone reman i was wondering if i can do the mod to this one??
Old 05-02-2007 | 03:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you have it out, than it would be really easy to open it to tell if you can do the mod. I recently did it, it will take you 5 minuts tops since you have the motor out. All you have to do is solder a 12awg wire across the circuit that the thermal coupling completes.
I just did it recently and it works amazing. My motor barely moved up and I was sure it was fried when before I tried this. It was really moving poorly.
Now it moves about 3-4 second ETs. It is great. As for the safety, I tested it on my hand and it is not going to break anything stronger than pasta. I also did a hell of alot of research before I did this.
Look here for a minute, it has other links inside too.
http://www.fastlsx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14445

As I said (in the link) the express motor down feature is not corrupted and the motor stops just fine at the stoppers.

Let me know if I can help with anything.
Old 05-02-2007 | 03:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Oooo, thermal bypass, huh? Interesting. I've never heard of that before. I think I need to try it.
Old 05-02-2007 | 10:36 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

I couldn't just not say anything!
Old 05-03-2007 | 10:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by autotrix

I couldn't just not say anything!
ha ha ha, oh yeah,
Autotrix does have a guaranteed safe way to do this. I would certainly do them both. The autotrix kit definitely solves the other engineering blunder in the F-bodies.
Old 05-04-2007 | 05:00 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by JasonWW
I have no experience with these windows, but am a good general mechanic.
Just off the top of my head, has anyone considered seeing what voltage your getting at the motors? If there is a drop through the switch or due to skinny wires used in the first place then the lowered voltage will make them slower than they should be. A wiring upgrade or a switch cleaning may be the fix.
Yes, the voltage on a stock application is around 10-10.5Volts (KOEO). Our kit can jump that up to around 11.5-.9
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...light=autotrix
Hotwhip has also compare voltages before and after with similar results.

Originally Posted by thingthatgoes
ha ha ha, oh yeah,
Autotrix does have a guaranteed safe way to do this. I would certainly do them both. The autotrix kit definitely solves the other engineering blunder in the F-bodies.
Old 05-04-2007 | 10:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Word of the day for any ELT majors: Voltage Drop
Old 04-11-2011 | 01:25 AM

Anyone have a part number for the motors mentioned? I need to replace both of mine before they just quit. Was going to use factory replacements (cheap) but after reading this thread I have my doubts.
Old 04-11-2011 | 12:46 PM
Teching In

Saw this thread as well like greasepunk mentioned. Is this information still the same? Been putting off changing the windows motor but it's ridiculous now how slow it has become. I also need to replace the speakers in the door as well. Beutiful day today her in NY so thought this might be the time to get 'er done.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Faster Windows?? Upgrade