Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Autometer Hook Up! Help Please!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 11:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Autometer Hook Up! Help Please!

Ok I have a 5" tach. I need to know where you guys hooked up the power and where you hooked up the ground. I have a LT1, which wire to I tap in for the RPM's.

I need to know a 12v power source that isn't on 24/7, just something that comes on with the ignition or light switch!

NEED RECOMMENDATIONS QUICKLY THANKS

!Josh

ANY PICTURES OR WRITE UPS WOULD BE GREAT! MAYBE EVEN A SCAN OF THE DIRECTIONS TO HOOK UP! I bought it used!
Old 05-11-2006, 12:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok sooooooo...........Some guy who had an LT1 told me it's the white wire under the passenger kick panel.........here is what happened.

so I tried to tap the RPM wire, which you said was white, but I did it and it didn't work, then I realized as I was connecting it off and on, my interior lights were going off and on. hahaha. so I was like hey i'll try to white one with the black strip. (WRONG) Then my security light came on and wouldn't let me start my car, I locked the doors, alarm set, then I opened the doors, teh alarm went off (usually i turn it off by putting the key it and putting it on the ON position, but that didnt work. It went for about 3 mintues and shut off, then it let me start it again (PHEW)

So i have determined it's not the white or white with the black stripe. Any other suggestions...I scared now to just tap wires now.