Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

gm9-aux adapter installed..need help

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default gm9-aux adapter installed..need help

I bought the pie gm9-aux i believe its called. Its the one for if you do not have a cd changer. I installed it, I first i didn't have sound, I went to my sirus plug and play and pushed the plug and the soudn came on, but its only coming through my driver side speakers and their is a high pitched noise too that is present even when the radio is off. hwne I switch back to fm modulation, it works fine, plays through all speakers and no annoying sound. any suggestions?
Old 08-22-2006, 08:41 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

No problems here with my GM9-AUX.
The only thing that I noticed was that it took 30 seconds for the sound to start after it was first connected it. I've had to disconnent and reconnect it a few times due to headunit replacements (unrelated issues) and it exhibited the same delay each time. Other than that initial delay, its worked fine.

Last edited by VIP1; 08-22-2006 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

no delay here..just shitty quality...i'll dig back into it tomorrow and see if soemthing is loose, maybe my plug and play is broken.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VIP1
No problems here with my GM9-AUX.
The only thing that I noticed was that it took 30 seconds for the sound to start after it was first connected it. I've had to disconnent and reconnect it a few times due to headunit replacements (unrelated issues) and it exhibited the same delay each time. Other than that initial delay, its worked fine.
I get a simular delay in my GM9-AUX when power has been disconnected. But my delay can take from a few minutes up to a day. I have no idea why., but once its kicked in, its perfect from then on.

Strange little device!
Old 08-24-2006, 03:47 PM
Teching In

Do you have a Sirus S50,
If you do, I had this problem, the Inline plug was not going in all the way,
Had to use a thinner plug because the Antenna & power cord got in the way, causing the inline plug to not go in. Thus only getting sound on the drivers side only and a high pitched distortion sound.

If this is not it, check the GM9 unit making sure the plugs are all in all the way.

Hope this helps

Gary
Old 08-24-2006, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks..no i have a jvc player..the only one jvc makes..I think the plug si messed up took..or not long enough.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:22 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 276 Likes on 240 Posts

Try plugging in some computer speakers (or even headphones) to see if the problem is with the plug or the jack in the radio. I had to have an XACT Sirius radio replaced because the contacts in the jack wouldn't touch the tip of the plug and I only had right side audio.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Try plugging in some computer speakers (or even headphones) to see if the problem is with the plug or the jack in the radio. I had to have an XACT Sirius radio replaced because the contacts in the jack wouldn't touch the tip of the plug and I only had right side audio.
I think thats it because i tried to push it in further today (after checking all of the connections) and the sound stopped completely..including the loud noise, then I pulled the plug out a lil bit and the driver side speakers came back on with the high pitch noise...so i need to get a new cable I guess.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:20 PM
On The Tree

Interesting Thread. I've been having a similar problem with mine as Michael02Hawk describes. Sometimes it just wont start playing, but I come back and try it 2 hours later, and everything is fine. Sometimes it works right away. Kinda Frustrating considering how much better it sounds through the GM9 Unit over an FM Transmitter. Today, it the sound came through after I hit "Up" on the Seek button on the HU. Not sure if that coincidence, or if it was direct. Does anyone have any more input on how or why this unit is so damn Random??
Old 04-09-2007, 09:31 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Check out this thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/682442-adapter-2002-ta-ws-6-went-bad.html
Old 04-10-2007, 07:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by VIP1
So in Summary, our Stock Head Units are Crap when it comes to the Aux Port??
Old 04-10-2007, 09:08 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

I don't know which is exactly to blame, the stock headunit or PIE GM9-AUX and I can't prove either. (I'm leaning towards the headunit though.)

I spent roughly $150 for wires and adapters to connect my Pioneer XM receiver into my car for a stock look. If I was doing it again, I'd probably put that money towards an aftermarket headunit.

If you are wondering what I spent $150 on:
http://www.fadingarrow.com/XMSatelliteRadio.htm
Old 04-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have gone thru 2 GM9's, such a shitty design, i cracked my recent one open and re-soldered all the loose connections

Quick Reply: gm9-aux adapter installed..need help