Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

unlocking with a rem start remote

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 01:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default unlocking with a rem start remote

i recently bought a remote start every thing is working fine. i can not unlock the car with the rem that came with the kit one you press lock and let it sit there for about 30 seconds if i turn the car on then i can. now i have to use both remotes factory and aftermarket. i tried finding a wire on the bcm that would unlock the doors by adding a 12 volt pulse but only burned up a fuse. what can i do or where can i find a wire that will unlock doors after car has been locked for a while
Old 09-15-2006, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

The tan will unlock the drivers door and the gray/black will unlock the passenger door. Wire each as a 5-wire system with separate relays.(or even easier, use a 451m) THese wire are at the BCM in passanger kick, the green plug.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:23 PM
Teching In

You have to wake up the BCM to unlock the doors. At the same time that you pulse for unlock, you have to pulse one of the door pin wires so the BCM thinks a door was opened. It's not hard to do, but if you dont wake up the BCM the doors will not unlock. There is a pretty good write-up here http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/fbody/alarm96up3.htm that explains it.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

never had to wake the BCM in any 4th gens i have done....
Old 09-15-2006, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

wire it with a 451m, and i bet you wont have to do all that extra work
Old 09-15-2006, 06:54 PM
Teching In

All it requires is a couple $.50 diodes. You would only be tapping one more wire than you already have tapped into. I'm assuming you have tapped the orange/black and red/black wires in the green plug and the reason it's not working is because the BCM is shuts off the power after about 30 seconds, just like if you were sitting inside the car with the car off and doors locked you wouldn't be able to unlock your doors from the inside with the door lock switch. But hey, as with most cars there are more than one way to do things and each installer has their own preference on how to do it.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sgt Joe
All it requires is a couple $.50 diodes. You would only be tapping one more wire than you already have tapped into. I'm assuming you have tapped the orange/black and red/black wires in the green plug and the reason it's not working is because the BCM is shuts off the power after about 30 seconds, just like if you were sitting inside the car with the car off and doors locked you wouldn't be able to unlock your doors from the inside with the door lock switch. But hey, as with most cars there are more than one way to do things and each installer has their own preference on how to do it.

you don't need to diode isolate the locks, you need to diode isolate the door triggers
Old 09-18-2006, 04:51 PM
Teching In

Uh, okay. I don't remember saying anything about isolating the door locks with the diodes. What has to be isolated for the method however is not just the door trigger, but the unlock wire coming from the door lock switches. If you only isolate the door trigger, then every time you press the unlock button on the door (since with that method your unlock switch and door trigger would be tied together along with the unlock wire from your alarm/remote start), then your dome light would come on and your BCM would think the door (which ever one you tap) is open. I apologize for not completely rewriting the already complete write-up on the linked site.